Race day Holeshot report Glen Helen SRA MX GP round 5

Discussion in 'Racing' started by HuskyT, May 3, 2009.

1. HuskyT Moderator

Glen Helen is getting ready for the Outdoor Nationals coming up on May23rd.

As such, Don's track was amazing today. Very High speed, ... a lot of earthwork in front of the grand stands, great MX layout, double bermed lanes, nice long step ups , couple of big tables, all of the layout aimed for speed speed speed. Even had a 1/4 mile of pavement and the best thing was a fifth gear wide open set of singles with flat landings very reminiscent of Saturdays Supercross....

I absolutely used every millimeter of travel in my suspension today.... ( Thanks LES/LTR)

My TC450 performed flawlessy. I had 17 bikes on my line and pulled my first Glen Helen Holeshot I am stoked Gave it up briefly and swapped first place back and forth with the same dude for the first lap and a half.......held second place for a couple of laps and after 6 hard fought laps I faded back to third or fourth only on the 6th and final lap.... battling and swapping positions time after time.... 6 long fast 3.5 mile laps . I have honestly never kept up this level of pace for an hour...

I had one dude come up to me after the race and congratulate me on the dueling I had going on with one of his buddies....

Chazlom (2006 TC450) TT /GPKings was also there racing on the Novice line and had a great race as well.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can you tell???.....I'm just a little bit pumped about today's race

T
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    great job husky t
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Way to go T! Go get em.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Way to go, HuskyT!! :applause:

That's what racing's all about, and that's the stuff that makes it really fun! Sounds like you got your money's worth :)

WoodsChick