1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Quick initial impression more to come..2018 te 250...

Discussion in '2st' started by fletchman45, Sep 28, 2017.

1. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Im starting to like it more...it is 14 pounds heavier then the tc...but suspension feels pretty good for a stock bike...tc has 51 hrs on it and you can slightly tell..(I just did a plastic rehab and I'm getting some other stuff for the 17) 18 rear brakes feel fine and I think the fronts are getting broke in now (45 gentle miles about 8 of single track) not near as strong as brembo but fair...i really like the engine and honestly I hate to admit it the motor is probably better for me...its smooth and powerful.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Did 25 miles of single track...installed front 12 tooth sprocket...now works much better...needs either a tish more bottom end or 12 to a 51 gearing...with this gearing it will allow much better use for third gear and less shifting...engine is Awesome! Stock jetting....absolutely no spooge on muffler! You c riders get on the pipe more...mikuni is just fine...yes it.is 14 pounds heavier then the tc...but still only 227 so feels pretty good...and yes I like the electric start..the stock suspension is probably the best I've ever felt...the explorer fork and shock work very well together...the fork dare I say may feel better then my aer fork...but aer is better I believe for moto..or large.whoops and.3.7 pounds lighter...other things noticed..while the price went up for 18 they took stuff away...no front fender decal...no rear fender In mold graphic...no side panel in mold graphic..the subframe may come from another supplier??? Weird..the 17 had a decal by rear of.seat....the 18 appears to be in mold in the subframe?? Rear brakes are fine front is doable....about like a Japanese bike (yz)....it is traceable with aer fork and lights removed ..muffler..drop 7 pounds make tx leave sidestand and estart
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Regeared bike..installed 12 tooth front....much better however really needs a 51 tooth rear...with this gearing bike will almost come to a complete stop in third and still pull out...stock gearing with six speed I thought was bad for single track...now its almost like my regeared 2017 tc 250.....the engine in this bike is awesome....clutch is excellent....I haven't touched the clickers and for stock suspension it is awesome....however....I prefer the revalved airfork on my tc....it is more versatile... Handles whoops and motocross track better......weight over the tc (app 14 pounds) is and issue...I'm not as strong as I used to be....while this bike is light (app 227) I can't stuff it like the tc and I can't push it as hard....212 on the tc.......I myself care more about the weight then having electric start...I think a b or c rider it would not matter...but a fast old guy needs light weight...I really wish I would have listened to the punk in me and bought the 18 tc to go with my 17....now my new plated bike will be my practice bike..unless I strip it....but for its intended purpose it is one hec of a bike..
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    ...i don't typically do two teeth in the back without getting a longer chain..
    Im 100% with on that, even a 1/2 in forward in axle position and the rear doesn't transition well into braking, I like keeping the axle as far back as practical , it just keeps the entire chassis smoother from on the gas to braking and bending it into corners, the swing arm lever ratio difference is very noticeable. It was a huge issue on the red huskys and with good rear sag and the axle back those chassis' were brilliant for smooth gas to braking transitions. The same holds true for these Austrian machines (I wrote all of that for everyone's benefit)
    fletchman45 likes this.
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

. Absolutely.... The chassis is not nervous however I never make the wheelbase shorter then from the factory....if anything I would prefer it a Tish longer. A 12 to 51 gearing would be the same as stock since the bike comes geared a 13 to a 50 stock....
    robertaccio likes this.