1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Quad Flow Torque Wing

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Jun 23, 2016.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Thunder Products Quad Flow Torque Wing.
    I had very good experience and results on my last 2 carbureted 450 4 strokes with Power Now horizontal intake splitters. I used both power now devices, one on each side of the carb (this company is defunct now). The seat of the pants feel was instant smoother response from the bottom and more perceived torque, the splitters made the bike more hard trail ride friendly.
    So I did some research and decided to try the Thunder Products, Quad Flow Torque Wing device on my TE300 Husqvarna (KTM 300 powerplant). The result is positive and very much the same as the Power Now was. The 3 hundo has evolved closer to my perfection and has clean smooth power right off the bottom with minimal throttle opening right into the full range of throttle positions.
    http://slavensracing.com/shop/quad-flow-torque-wing-for-ktm-husaberg-2-strokes-2/

Note: Jeff is one of my many BS filters, if he likes a product for his builds I'm usually OK with it. Also Motocross Action gives this device 5 stars unusual for them to give 5 star rating to anything.

http://thunderproducts.com/shop/quad-flow-torque-wing/
    hawaii-rider likes this.
  2. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    Thinking of trying one of these on my '18 TC250
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I put one each into my Mikuni 38s of the 2001 YZ125 as well as on my 2017 TX300. I just found what listing they had for a 38mm Mikuni equivelant carb and ordered them up. My TX300 is a tractor and the 125 seems smoother up the rpm range. Both have Moto Tassinari reed blocks. TX300 has an FMF gnarley the 125 is pro circuit equipped.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    I tried it and disliked it. Took away too much in the mid and top. It just took more than it gave IMO.
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Interesting. We all have our feel, like I said I have one on the YZ125 as well as on the TX300.
    For me it did what the powernow products did for my TE450 and TXC450, smoothed out low to mid noticeably with seemingly no effect anywhere else
  7. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc

I have some saddle time on my 2018 TC250 finally.
    WOW what a motor - was thinking about putting the 300 jug on it for old man MX to get the extra torque etc, but Im not sure this thing is lacking anywhere in HP.

I got a Steahly 9 oz Im gonna try and most like the FMF Gnarly and their new silencer to broaden the power a bit
    Im looking for a bit more down low/traction/grunt = (Gnarly and flywheel) - wondering if this would compliment that or not?

robertaccio thoughts??

Thanx
    Scott
  8. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Works great in my WR250 very happy with increase in low end response. Scary part of install was taking a hacksaw to my carb! Watched Slavens video multiple times before doing it!
  9. farmerj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    GG XC 300, GG DE 300, GG TXT 321
    Would you recommend one over the other - Quad-flow vs. X-wing?

Jeff

(http://www.boyesen.com/xwing-mx)

(btw I just realized that these go on opposite sides of the carb, they are not the same thing...)
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:

Those wings have definitely helped the feel of the 4 strokes down low into the mid, and on both my YZ125 and TX300 seem to keep the power smooth from the small opening of the slides. It's all seat of the pants, in the case of my 2 bikes current ones I used the Quad flows on the 38mm Mikunis. Before on my 2006 TE450 and 2008 TXC450 I used the powernow horzontal wings on both sides of the Keihin FCR carbs
  11. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    Want to get some real improvement, get an aftermarket head. About the same or less than cost of a pipe and pays massive dividends.
    robertaccio and lankydoug like this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Although true as far as engine tuning goes (hi-comp head or adjustable chamber as well), I for one like the OEM power setting ( I have not even touched my PV spring or factory preload setting) with just slight tweaking. I like mine smooth and easy to ride with low fatigue factor. I can go faster longer, its always about the finish for me.
  13. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    Just an FYI..I thought the same until I tried the red spring...and WOW, so much better, especially on the bottom.
    robertaccio likes this.