[q] Te 630 Battery Removal, Fuse Box/relay Connection

Discussion in '610/630' started by worker, Aug 20, 2011.

1. worker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Two questions (not related really)

a) on the new te 630 -- I cannot pull the battery out. I removed the rubber strap above, the wires but -- the battery still sits snug. I used pliers to to try to pull it out -- but it gets stuck somewhere. What's the trick to get it out ?

b) I am thinking to get one of the fuzeboxes from eastern beaver or riderswarehouse -- they allow for a 'relay' connection such that you can hook up accessories that would get voltage only when the ignition is on. For that to work however, I need to find a wire that is close by the control block/battery -- and that that wire gets current when the ignition is one (for example rear tail light). I need help locating a wire like that.

thank you in advance
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Use two longish cable ties, each one looped around one of the battery terminals. That gives you two handles with which to pull the battery out. You may have to jiggle it about a bit. But it definitey works ok.
  3. worker Husqvarna
    AA Class

thank you,
    I pulled it out. It was catching the rubber band hook on the way up. Just had to use a screw driver to guide while pulling it with pliers.