1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Provini assembly lever adjustable power valve

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by robertaccio, Jan 13, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    This is strictly an FYI component thing. When looking over the 08 WR300 of Seb G. I saw it was equipped (on the LHS) with an Italian made Provini power valve assembly that had a little arm that could be instantly moved fore and aft to adjust the PV setting for different conditions. It was an interesting piece of equipment that looked very prototypical as it was in unfinished billet aluminum. I don't even know if these are available to the public? Or if it is just a factory mod using a local moto systems machine shop. Anyway its just for your 2 stroke functional bling info.
    This is them (in Bologna) so they are not near Husky, they must be some sort of aftermarket supplier, I had never heard of them before. I can not find any photos of their products.
    Officine Provini
    Via Fucini, 5
    40033 Casalecchio di Reno (BO)
    telefono 051-574185
    email officineprovini@libero.it
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    MORE INFO from 2006, company is from Tullio Provini the son of Tarqinio Provini the ex world champ road racer, The writer guy says that CH racing uses the system on bikes of Oblucki,Aro,Carminati and other enduro guys Pojamo,Paoli,use them as well.
    The guy says that his father in law has AROs ex2002 bike and that the system is a hydraulically controlled piston that controls the power valve that has 4 main setings with the arm and goes from very soft to super hard hit,but all are sweet and very progessive the lever mudulates the aperture of the valve to control the speed and dampen the opening speed with which the PV opens. So it appears instead of a PV spring and spinning governor this device is a fluid dampend power valve control assy to futher smooth out the PV cycle. Interesting, I am sure that it was developed from Grand prix road racing. R

PS just found "costa cara, quasi 350 euros". costs alot about 350 euros......@$470.00

Found them
    http://www.officineprovini.it/eComShop/eComShop_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    There's a guy here in the states that has one on his WR. I can't remember who he is, but I'm thinking he's from around Knoxville, TN.
    Here's the bike.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Dave A Husqvarna
    B Class

I would swear that this is Mark Denton's bike. Mark lives in South Carolina but I believe that he is now on a work assignment in Dubai. Mark got some of the goodies you see on his bike from Nate Kanney. Factory works suspension, Polvinni power valve and aluminum tank. I haven't ridden his bike but according to Mark the Polvinni makes a huge difference in power deivery.
    Dave A
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    That machine is bad arse!!! Very nice!!
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Give me that bike!
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    MH,
    Can you come up with any RHS fotos??? Jeez that thing is easy on the eyes with all the tech stuff installed!!
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think you're right. I don't know the guy, just drool over his bike. :notworthy:
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That guy was parked about 3 trucks away from me at the GA National Enduro last year.

Really nice bike.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the RHS shot, Anyone know who did the tank? Just curious.
  12. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

P.V.

the designer of the power valve went to work for TM in the last year or so. i think it would make a great part for the husky hard parts catalog. a pretty reasonably priced upgrade if you ask me. compared to some of the pipes and mufflers. IMHO :cool:
  13. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

PV

there were other pics on SMJ a while back, the tank was a factory limited run for the centenial bikes, euro only. this one was modded for additional capacity. they were originally for the big SMR 510's....:thumbsup:
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    very cool, that tank is a nice piece.

you can see on the Provini website that are tied hand in hand with their product as an OEM part on the TM 2 strokes, very nice part. thanks for the info.
  15. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Two things are obvious to me when I look at this bike;

1) This man had / has connections with the CH Racing team.

2) This poor man is afflicted with the same deadly ( if your married ) disease that I suffer from, in it's advanced stages.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    #2 would that be super trickpart-itis???:thumbsup: along with the cubic dollars and mega time that this (fun and cool) disease requires,,,,????
  17. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

zupin

that aluminum tank is in pictures on the zupin website, but the pics are not the best...perhaps Mr. harden could inquire about a limited run of alum tanks for the new style frames. but i can tell you now that they would run a bit over $1,000.00 ... the top piece was definitley a stamping.
  18. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought that guy was a roofer and lived in New York? I am impressed that he got the factory shock on there as well. I started looking for the power valve adjuster a long time ago over on TT. If you search power valve adjuster I think it will still come up. I ended up pre-loading the power valve spring by I think 1.2mm on my bike with a washer I made. Did it help, I can't tell. I need to take that thing out and see if it is still there. I wanted that adjuster so bad, the PWK smoothed my bike out some and now I really like it. I even had a friend who was at the Italian Endurocross last year and talked to Mr. Provini, he said I would have to send him the side cover and shell out $450.00 at the time. Now you are making me want that thing again.
  19. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

power valve

i really think that a power valve for 450.00 is a fair price. husky could cast a housing and have somebody machine the valve and adjustment. even make it adjustable from the handlebar , if you want to go crazy with it. IMHO :thumbsup::thumbsup: