Prototype wr 350 2 stroke for 2012?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by QuadExpert, Jun 27, 2011.

?

My next Husky will be powered by a

Poll closed Jan 27, 2012.
2 stroke 32 vote(s) 76.2%
4 stroke 10 vote(s) 23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Has anyone heard if the wr 350 is on the horizon?
    Husky is racing one this year.
    fact not rumour.
    thx
    Clete likes this.
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

No 350 coming. The 350 that Seb is racing is an old WR360. The same motor you could buy back in 02.
  3. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This throws me off. Does and old 360 engine mount directly into a new 250 /300 frame or what??? And why would they do this when the 300 engine rocks?????
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I believe it would. More bottom end 4 stroke like power. I find my 360 less explosive and more 4 stroke like compared to the current 300.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    that ol 360 is THE motor man....sitck it in 4th and go anywhere.

baroooop da ding ding ding ding baroooop.
    gem likes this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had if my mind serves me correctly a 1994 360. I liked it. I do remember it boiled over once in the Black Hills, but you are right I almost liked that engine better then the 300. Good power and controlable and still fast. And it had a good sized tank. STOCK. To me it is sad that it will still bolt in a new one but the seat height is probably 3 inches taller then the old bike. Thus I would think the center of gravity is also higher. I thought those guys where the bikes are made are short (spent 2 years in the Army in Vichenza Italy) so why are the bikes so tall!!!
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Also it is a little strange to use the old engine when you are promoting new bikes!!! I do remember my 1991 wxe 260, yes 260 with and uptie exhaust, this thing sounded AWESOME!! I loved that engine!!!
  8. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

The 'old' 360 engine definetly fits the current frame. I've done it and I am currently doing another one for someone else. The 360 still has more torque than the 300 and it has a 6 speed gear box.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Oh. Yes! I do remember when they had the 6-speed tranny! Awesome top speed!
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Seb and HVA maybe using the old 360 motor externally but l bet the internals will be different, possibly lightening the crank to allow the bike to rev a bit more up top and of course port work etc etc...old engine to promote a new bike, have Chev stop producing the 350 V8?? :P
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is nothing special about the "new" 350. It is really just a "old" 360.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have a 92 WXC360 and 94 WXC250. Both very good bikes and low seats, stock 3.4 gallon slim and low tank, wide ratio 6 speed, adjustable fork preload, axle pull handles, Zerks on everything, large flywheel torque monster motors. the new bikes are racy the old ones are excellent trail bike MOST of us would prefer IMHO. All mine really need is modern brakes and suspension performance.
    wallybean likes this.
  13. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    They will always make them, http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Parts/showcase_detail.jsp?engine=0
  14. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LoL@motomanic...that was sarcasm re:chev 350
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Whether it is a fact or a rumor, either way this thread would be a better fit in the Newsroom - which is for both News & rumors...
  16. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know about the worth of the 360 today, I mean with the development of the induction systems and power valve all, the real benefit would be the six speed.. my 300 has enough pulls to pull another gear no worries.. I recon in the tight the WR360 would be a handfull my WR300 is enough in the tight...