1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Primary gearing 250-500

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Husq.fleet, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 82 CR250 that has a bad kicker gear on the back of the clutch gear and the clutch gear is thru the hardsurface also. My spare doesnt look any better. What effects would I have if I used the whole primary/clutch/kicker gears from my 83-500XC. I know the primary gearing would be faster but would it be enough from anyones experience to be noticeable? I'm going the other direction on my 500 by using a 87-up clutch/primary which some have stated isnt a big difference in gearing. Thanks in advance, Scott
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Without doing the arithmetic and assuming a 12 tooth sprocket is kind of tiny for seriously going for a ride and the 10 and 11 tooth are kind of for hanging on the wall or the automatic guys to get their clutches spinning just right you end up with probably more than 60 teeth on the rear sprocket. Which isn't really that bad but you will get a lot of comments and gawkers. At some point you kind of have to either extend the hanger for the rear most chain guide or lengthen the side plates the rolller is inbetween.