1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

POWERDYNAMO MZB IGNITION

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by eveready, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Rowan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 430 auto
    I have had an MZB on my '87 430 auto for several years since the original SEM went south. I have had no problems with timing - just triple check the timing before you fully tighten the flywheel nut and it will be ok.
    I did have one problem that drove me nuts. I found that the male/female plug connection was not making good electrical contact - it ran at first then refused to start no matter how hard I kicked it. After much head-banging and thinking I found that I needed to slightly close up the female terminals and everything has been sweet roses since then. Just something to watch out for.
  2. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1976 honda elsinore, 84 IT490 Yamaha
    Thanks for all your imput, I'll post on the results when it's done.
  3. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    AC or DC ..... will really depend on what lighting you want. The AC horns tend to take more current than a DC one, if you intend to use one. If it's just main and dip on the front and a red at the rear, then AC is fine. To comply with UK laws, I have to have horn, main & dip and stop and tail on the rear. The DC systems works great here. The horn works too (it didn't with an AC system).
    If you go DC, then you will need to mount the RR under the seat as it's slightly too wide to fit under the tank tunnel.
  4. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just ordered the AC unit. I don't race or need it to be road legal, lights are just incase I get caught on the trails at dusk.
  5. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    If you ever need DC in the future all you have to do is install a rectifier, its simple to do.
    markt2 likes this.
  6. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I'm trying to order the MZB ignition straight from the store in Germany, but can't get the credit card to go through. Anyone on here have the same problem? I've entered all the card info. 3 times (on different days) but never get confirmation of the transaction. Sure hope I don't get charged 3 times. Just interested if anyone has had problems like this with them. I emailed them today to see if they can tell me what the problem is.
  7. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
    Yes, I did... first time I bought one. It was my credit card company blocking the transaction as it was "suspicious" to them as I don't normally buy parts from Europe. See if you can contact Edgar at Powerdynamo... great guy... he can have his office send you a PayPal invoice and you can use your credit card that way if it's easier. That's what I do.
  8. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    How did you get ahold of Edgar, email?
  9. markt2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 250CR (times 2)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Several vintage Yamahas
  10. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I got the MZB ign. on the 360. Was very impressed at the ease of installation and timing. I went with the AC unit, so I installed preston petty lights very bright even at idle. Bike now starts on 1 to 2 kicks cold or warm. I went back to my original jetting to start. Still breaks up on very top of powerband, but not near as bad as it was before. I'm going to wait for the weather to warm up some. then play with jetting again maybe build a fire and try to heat the exaust to get resonator out of pipe.
    grouty likes this.
  11. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Nice one :thumbsup:
  12. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got the problem solved it was just loaded up from the old Ign. I did go down one size on the main jet it runs great now. As for the PowerDynamo MZB Ign. Probly the best money I've spent on this bike. $382.00 delivered to my door, great service and fast shipping. I put my order in on Monday morning and it was on my step Weds. afternoon. Very easy install and simple to time. My hat is off to these people. And thanks to all on here for the advice.
    MotoFo likes this.
  13. enduro250z Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep i have always bought direct from the factory website since about 2000. Always good service direct to Australia. No problems at all.