1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Power valve governer

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Nov 20, 2021.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Hi guys and Gals
    I had an issue where my bike wasnt making good mid to top end power .
    Ive pulled off the power valve cover and it looks like the power valve isnt opening when I rev it . Hence the feeling I was just revving and getting no more power!
    Ive pulled apart the power valve system - I assume the teeth were not connecting into the spindle on the governer .
    Can anyone advise on the correct technique to re-installing the governor assembly ?
    I assume that the shaft with the teeth is installed first but I am not sure at what oprientation this shaft needs to be at to mesh correctly when you push in the spindle/ governor.
    thanks
  2. mr_manny Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    rockdancer likes this.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thats the power valve not the governor which pushes onto that mechanism . Different area and also differnt style mehcanism on the 125

I think Ive got it but its a tricky thing . Its opening now . I positioned the teeth on the arm so they rotated approx 20 degrees when the governor was pushed in . The arm location with 2 bolts being set to approx 8- degrees to plastic arm
    Im not sure how long this has been an issue but heres hoping that this will mean a totally different bike now .
    I think it may have got moved when I was doing my 144 kit - not sure what happened

I tried to ride it but my tyre is too flat . I noticed that there is more of a flat spot - must be the power valves opening up compared to having them fully closed. Didnt get to rev it but has now got me thinking about adding an inner spring to the standard governor spring . For reference if interested refer to main Index and Dyno testing results with different springs.
    Opening the power valve later gives a better power curve