Power Commander Maps

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Coffee, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    There are 2 formats for Power Commander maps - PC III with a .djm extension and PC V with a .pvm extension. The 2 formats are not compatible. The PC V software running on a laptop cannot load a PC III map and visa versa.

In addition to a different native file format there is 1 difference in the mapping. There is a new additional 15% throttle opening in the PC V that the PC III does not have.

The PC V maps can be easily created from PC III maps by cutting and pasting. The PC software CD has both the PC III program, and the PC V program.
    1. Start both programs and put 0's in all cells of both programs (control A to highlight all, type '0' to fill all contents)
    2. load a PC III map into the PC III program
    3. Copy the columns marked 0, 2, 5, 10% throttle opening from the PC III map into the PC V map (just like an excel spread sheet).
    4. Copy the columns marked 20, 40, 60, 80, 100% throttle opening from the PC III map into the PC V map (just like an excel spread sheet).
    5. By hand fill in the missing 15% columns by interpolating between the 10 and 20% columns.
    6. Save the file.
    EDIT - there is absolutely no reason the above procedure cannot be reversed and PC III maps could easily be created from PC V maps, for example people may have a PC III on a 2008 bike and want to try what the Auto Tune came up with via the PC V on another 2008 bike.

I've enabled the forum software to accept both formats so the maps can be attached to posts directly.

Attached are PC V maps created for the 2008 efi bikes from the PC III maps using the above method. Dynojet does not support the PC V on the 2008 Husqvarna bikes so those maps will not be listed on their site. Based on Dynojets testing of 2008 bikes - they run fairly rich and need fuel removed. The 2009 bikes tested did not need nearly as much adjustments so the 2008 & 2009 bike maps will be much different. In addition, for reference, is the map created on August 30th 2008 for a 2008 TE250 after an hour of offroad riding (Carnegie map)

With Auto Tune, in my humble opinion, the maps might provide a decent starting place, but are not absolutely necessary. Having all zeros in the map effectively disables the PC. You could start with all zeros, turn on Auto Tune and eventually the map will be created. Auto Tune works awesome :thumbsup:

Keep in mind when you buy a Dynojet product you are buying customer support. To that end not every detail on how to install and use Dynojet products will be fully documented by me, neither will be basic computer skills such as using an excel type program.

It should be crystal clear - Cafe Husky, or I personally, will not be held accountable regarding these maps contain, caveat emptor - 'user' beware.

Attached Files:

Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  2. MChammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coffee

I tried to open a few of these map files using my Power Commander software - both direct off this site, and after first downloading the map file to my laptop - no luck. Anyone else having these problems?
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Were you trying to open them in the PC V or PC III program?

I re-tested the ones attached to post #1. I can download those and open them up in the PC V program, but not in the PC III program - the PV V & PC III maps are incompatible with each other as stated.

I highlighted some of the words in emphasize that.
  4. Chris_Faherty Husqvarna
    C Class

Is it just me, or is the PCV software download from the dynojet site corrupt?
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I did download the software from the dynojet website but found it incredibly confusing with all the various programs on it. Eventually I was given the installation CD and that was incredibly simple to use (2 button: install PC III or PC V?).

If anyone is reading this that has a PC III, but wants to view the PC V maps and needs to download the PC V program for use and is having trouble doing that, could you call dynojet and have them walk you through the process? 1-800-992-4993.

Maybe mention there is a large group (cafehusky) that needs the information and the answer to your question would be passed on - and reduce the number of phone calls to them. Obviously it would be good to express interest in upgrading your PC III to PC V....
  6. Chris_Faherty Husqvarna
    C Class

Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  7. lairpost Husqvarna
    A Class

Here's my map. PC V + AT. I've seen a MPG improvement of nearly 10. I'm not surprised given that many cells have been reduced by 25-35% fuel. Of course power is more plentiful everywhere and smoooooth.

08 TE250 (early VIN), Moose filter, Notoil, 13/49 gearing. Conditions: dry SoCal typical Oct/Nov mild Santa Ana conditions. ~700-1500 ft. elevation.

Pickup a used PCIIIUSB and copy the cells to make a map.

Update: My ECU has been updated to the latest 08 code. The ignition curve feels quite different, improved. The fuel map is less rich, but still much too rich. The pop off idle is much better, much stronger feeling, more luggable.

The engine is making enough additional power that I'm now running 14/49 everywhere.

Current map:

Attached Files:

8. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

2010 TXC250 Map

Here is the PCV Base Map Dynojet has for the 2010 TXC250. I made a 3D chart to illustrate the correction values.

Attached Files:

MotoXImage likes this.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Did you develop that map with Autotune? Download from Dynojet?

These are complicated topics, the more detail the better.
  10. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is the map Dynojet in Vegas developed on KLEEMANN's bike. It's not posted on their website yet.
  11. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

It have started test the PCV & AT on my 08 TE450. I have found that AT can get confused while riding in aggressive dynamic conditions during throttle changes and wheel spin. I don't have enough data yet to post any definite conclusion or solution yet, but I have seen some AT trim maps that just weren't right.

You can imagine how much more variation there is between street riding and riding whooped out desert tracks.
  12. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Seymore. I have a question regarding that chart you made. As I understand it, the fuel correction is relative to the yellow flat surface, which depends on the values that were set in the bike's ECU throgh iBeat. So, if I'm correct at my chart reading, wouldn't it be important to indicate what were those values as well?
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks, I did not see that posted by KLEEMANN, so maybe you got it from him directly.

The map is definitely interesting.

The ideal map definitely changes with riding conditions, as does the perfect jetting for a bike with a carb - especially the leak jet.

That is where the art of jetting/tuning comes in.

The autotune is incredibly good at filling in the missing parts of the map, such as 6000 rpms with the throttle closed when approaching a stop.
  14. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

You're correct. That is one of the issues with Dynojet or anyone else making a map to transfer to other bikes without knowing what the CO values are or in the case of 08's FB1. It is also uncertain how much variation there is between bikes form variables like fuel pressure. :confused:

I believe KLEEMANN's bike had all three CO values at 100, but we need to verify that for certain. I do know that Dynojet doesn't have iBeat available.
  15. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

All CO values were set to 100% as directed by DJ previous to my arrival there.
  16. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

I was intending on riding this week end- but it didnt pan out. I am noticing a recalc of all the values in the AT map now that I am back at 6215 ft. I have not ridden enough for all cells to have been modified yet.
  17. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

i was able to go to the track yesterday and tune in my pcv/at! it works perfect now! i will get the map on here as soon as i can get it off my friends lap top.
  18. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Id love to see yours so I can compare to what I got from DJ and what my bike is "building" for itself now.

By the end of the day it seems as if there are enough variables, weather and otherwise, that leaving the AT on the bike and activated is the best solution.
  19. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

5+ hrs of riding with AT enabled, 6250-8000 ft. Single track trails.

Attached Files:

20. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kleemann,

I looks like AT leaned out most of the base map. I have plotted a graph showing the difference between the Dynojet base map and your AT trimmed map. You can all of the negative area that indicates fuel was removed from what Dynojet's test run created.

I have also attached a plot of your new Auto-tuned base map.

I assume the map you posted is your new base map after accepting the trim values. Have you looked to see what new values are be created in the trim map since accepting the previous values?

How is the bike running?

Thanks for sharing the data. Maybe if we get more users to post maps we could see some common trends.

Attached Files: