Power commander 5 questions

Discussion in '610/630' started by roamine, Dec 15, 2020.

1. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hi all,
    Lot of powercommander on sale I am a bit Lost.

Is it a general electronic case and you can add any the specific map for our bike or is it mandatory to buy the one for the 630?

For those who compared with ibeat (with CO improved), is there really a difference? Dynobob said same feeling on the bike but no dyno for Ibeat compared to PCV (48hp rear wheel).
    FMF is planned so I would like know if Ibeat is sufficient or not...

Thanks for highlighting.
  2. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    it's bike specific. I'm sure the brains is the same, but the harness is bike specific. I don't think FMF makes an exhaust for this bike anymore. I personally noticed a difference between just iBeat and PCV. I'm soon going to get an Auto-Tune module for it because I don't think the maps are particularly well designed. Unfortunately here in SoCal every shop I called wants $600 for a test and tune sessions, which I think is a bit much, so I'd rather try to make my own map via the Auto-Tune wide band and tuning module.
  3. roamine Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ok, I will try with only Ibeat and my new exhaust incoming (Only Fresco, barnett and GPR are still in stock for our 630, i just orderer a Fresco to have the 2-1 output). If not enough (14t sproket and Ibeat 102 108 116 is a big improvement for the moment!) I will try commander 5...
    Good luck for your own map :)
  4. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike

The hard part of this, and I know because I'm trying, is to get sufficient (clean) time under each cell of the RPM to Throttle Opening matrix, without a dyno. Basically you want to achieve a relatively slow, smooth and consistent roll on all the way from an RPM / Throttle Opening of 1600/0 (or perhaps 2000/2 in the real world) to 8,500/100. There is also the exhaust reversion problem that occurs when you roll off or are at very low RPM/Throttle Opening (particularly on a single cylinder thumper), that used to cause the O2 sensor to introduce dodgy trims in that area. I say 'clean' time in each cell because of the exhaust reversion issue, and I say used to, because after a firmware update to my PCV, with my POD-300 when hooked up to the PCV+AutoTune, it appears that PCV immediately stops displaying (and perhaps therefore measuring?) RPM if the throttle is snapped shut, which I don't recall these things doing in the past. I would have been inclined to call it a fault, expect it appears that everything is working perfectly fine in every other way and RPM readings are stable and reasonable at all other times. It seems to me that this is a new feature, perhaps to stop it recording trim values in the 0-2% (or thereabouts) throttle opening columns due to precisely the issue of oxygen coming back up the exhaust and producing garbage readings at the O2 sensor?

Anyway, I'm thinking I'll just have to shell out for the dyno time (when I can get it!) and see if they come up with anything vastly different to where AutoTune is heading. It's even more expensive here in Australia for dyno time, I've had quotes north of $1000!
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I've not used a PC auto tune but have used one on a megasquirt EFI fitted to my camper. The map from the auto tune wasn't great, I'd definitely go with the dyno, funds permitting.