1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Power Commander 5 and Autotune on a '13 TE 310R

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Johnrg, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I agree about the kickstart with regards to the auto-decompress.

but hell, the corked-up velocity stack has double cut lines on it to show you where to hacksaw... and a light polish with fine emory cloth makes it look pro.

The reason this stuck with me after two years is that I failed to notice the lines when I modified mine; and instead I used a hole saw after which I spent a lot of time smoothing the rough edges. ....then (!) I saw the 2 lines. shit.
    Johnrg likes this.
  2. Tugsy Husqvarna
    AA Class

How can one tell if they have the TE velocity stack or the TXC? Is there an easy visual? Thanks.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    well, you'll have about 24hp (at the crank) if you have a '13-'14 TE310 (& 250?) with the stock velocity stack installed. 18RWHP.

next time you pull or clean the air filter, look in the intake. If you see a red "trumpet", pull it out (or use a mirror?). If it's basically a hollow tube, you're good to go. If the downstream end is a buncha little holes (~8mm), either toss it or modify it. Instant 7hp gain.

BTW, it's basically an interference fit, but you could loosen the air boot clamp if you need to remove/re-install it.

A velocity stack smooths out the air flow (Laminar smooth almost) which increases the volume of air, going thru the intake over time. It's one of the only passive devices I can think of that you add to an upstream flow and results in a larger downstream flow. Fluid dynamics is frikken black magic.

caveat: any numbers are guesstimates... including model numbers. it's the internet, and I'm wrong a lot.
  4. Tugsy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thx Trenchcoat.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.