post your last purchase for your 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by ckanderson, Sep 11, 2011.

1. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    It was around 1.52L last time I filled up.
  2. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    $1.52 Canadian per Liter

$1.52 Canadian dollars = $1.52 American dollars

$1.52 American Dollars per Liter x 1 Liter/0.264 Gal = $5.76 American dollars per gallon of Brapp

Sounds good to me!
  3. grusomkis Husqvarna
    B Class

Mounted a pair of Arrow mufflers yesterday. Now the bike breathes like it should be
  4. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    How much of the performance gain can be atributed to the new Ecu and how much for the mufflers? Is the ECU available on it's own?
  5. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Giant loop tank bag! SUNP0025.JPG
  6. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    ^Looks good!

Splurged on some Hammerhead gear. clevis, brake tip, shift lever:
    Hammerhead01.jpg
    I emailed HH asking which lever would fit the 630. They ignored my question. So, I went searching on this site and other forums. Nothing. Couldn't find any info on what gear lever might fit the 630 though I've read somewhere someone had done it before with some modification. Grabbed the stock lever and began comparing it with the pics on the HH site. Hmm, looks like the "KTM type 9" would fit pretty good. Ordered!

Hammerhead next to stock shift lever:
    Hammerhead02.jpg Hammerhead03.jpg Hammerhead04.jpg Hammerhead05.jpg
  7. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    First thing to do is take care of the bend. Some wood and a larrrrge hammer.
    Hammerhead06.jpg
    Seems to be working. No heating necessary, just hit it good. Thank goodness it's just the one bend. This lever is tough!
    Hammerhead07.jpg
    Looks good, however the tip needs some work to get it perpendicular.
    Hammerhead08.jpg
    Just a little bit of filing here and bob's your uncle.
    Hammerhead09.jpg
    Now on to the hard part. KTM uses flared shafts apparently. And it's smaller than the Husky's.
    Hammerhead10.jpg
  8. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Drilled out and filed some grooves as best as I could with a small triangle file. Not ideal.
    Hammerhead11.jpg
    tapped for a small bolt and a slot was cut
    Hammerhead12.jpg Hammerhead13.jpg
    tight, but it fits. Sooner or later the grooves in the lever will wear down and it's going to slip, but for now it's working great. If I had a spare shaft I would've tried to punch the grooves in with a hydraulic press.
    Hammerhead14.jpg Hammerhead15.jpg
  9. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Center of tip to center of footpeg is around 5 3/4". Tip size: + 0W. With the longer lever it's much easier to shift now. More so than having it raised up higher. I wear 9 1/2 Sidi boots btw.
    Hammerhead16.jpg

Honda clevis drilled out for correct size. Tapped with a spare bolt. And the brake lever needed a bit of filing:
    Hammerhead17.jpg Hammerhead18.jpg Hammerhead19.jpg Hammerhead20.jpg
  10. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Bracket for the brake tip made from some Home Depot aluminum angle.
    Hammerhead21.jpg Clevis & tip installed: Hammerhead22.jpg Hammerhead23.jpg Hammerhead24.jpg
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Nice work. Now come down to my place and fix up my pedals. :)
  12. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Thanks, Jesse. Give me a tour of your local trails and I'll have your bike farkled up in no time. :cheers:
  13. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Installed the JD injection doohickey yesterday. I am an unrepentant skeptic about drilling airboxes and opening up mufflers...I do those things and can't really tell any difference. Mostly, they just make the bike louder, which has been well-established to make most anybody think their bike is more powerful. Placebo effects, mostly...1 or 2 HP at most.

But...this JD tuner is the real deal. The best way I can put it...the motor is more urgent. More aggressive response, smoother, and...dare I say it...more powerful. Angrier, when you want it to be. I almost rode off the road coming off apex on a few familiar corners when I whacked the throttle and the front end got light enough to start skittering across the pavement. I had to re-calibrate my corner exit habits. The thing positively leaps forward when twisting the throttle hard.

Something about the richer mixture makes it smoother at higher RPMs. It's easier to ride up in the stronger part of the powerband.

Anyhoo...after the PU kit, this is the best performance money you can spend. I can't believe what a difference a $200 accessory makes.
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Well, around here in Hillbilly Hell, what we call "trails" really amounts to minimum maintenance dirt roads. You'd probably be disappointed. :) I have mountain biked in your neck of the woods, and this place doesn't even compare to what you have there.
    I need to get away from this forum. It's expensive! :)
  15. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

16. ckanderson Husqvarna

[IMG]
    set of these, even though my stock tires have 500 miles on em.

want to take this thing in the DIRT!
  17. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    True we do have it good up here. Pretty good in fact. But I like a change of scenery and to get away from all the rain.:thumbsdown:
  18. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    I bought a 610 kit from HTM Racing: http://www.htmracing.it/cms/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
    610.jpg
    I wrote down a list of all the lengths, but I can't bloody well find that sheet of paper anywhere. Sorry. Anyways, the pic shows what comes in the kit.
    It covers both sides of the engine pretty much. A few bolts weren't quite long enough and one had to be shortened.
    So far they have been awesome to deal with. They take the time to reply to all your questions in a timely manner. And their prices are reasonable for
    most items. The exception so far has been the bolt kit. (cough120euroscough) Shipping is through UPS taking about a week from Italy to Canada.
    They also sell a finned oil filter cover for the 630:
    red.jpg

The flanged bolts are from Pulse Racing: http://pulseracingproducts.co.uk/
    Here's my thread on their bolts: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/pulse-racing-products-good-experience.19938/

Attached Files:

Huskymicky818 and mekanik like this.
  19. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Bling blong, baby!
  20. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle: