1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Post up your 2017 TX300 Lighting Setup please??

Discussion in '2st' started by Cosmokenney, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I've been poking around the net and LBSs a bit for info on running headlights. I've installed a husky radiator fan kit too (so that complicates matters a bit).

I want to run LED for doing the occasional night ride. But so far I've been to three LBS and each told me a different thing about the stator. One said put a TE300 stator on it. The other said rewind the stator. The third said the stock stator is fine.

The other thing is, I'd like to run the OEM number plate from a TE300 (with the headlight opening). Baja Designs makes a husky specific light that fits the OEM number plate, but the dam thing costs $424 dollars! And that's just for the light, doesn't come with a number plate or mount, or wiring harness or anything like that. Ouch. Do they actually sell any of those? Who can spend $700 - $800 just to run lights on a bike? Admittedly, the BD unit is a work of art. It's husky blue and fits right into the OEM number plate.

Man, if the eBay companies started making a knockoff of the Baja Designs light, they'd sell tons of them, I bet!

Anyway, can you guys post up what you did to get the TX300 lit-up? Details on the stator changes, wiring and mounting options would be much appreciated.
  2. 95jersey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Gas Gas 300 XC
    No pics but ran the OEM TE headlight, switch kit, and Acerbis tail light with brake light, basically bolted right up and is cheap. I just have them for legal purposes when driving on the road connecting trails so I don't get a ticket. I don't ride at night or ever use them. I think the whole kit was around $200
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  3. cbienusa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 CR250,17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 YZ250
    Rocky Mountain sells the TE kit, Think it was $175 and acerbis tailight was $35. I also added an EE brake light pressure switch $35. As far as the stator I'm running a cooling fan and the lights with the stock stator
    with no problems.
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Cool, I ordered the TE kit from Slavens Racing yesterday. I plan to run an LED bulb in it. Hopefully that plus a helmet light will be enough for night trail rides.
  5. Mikey97D Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 KTM 250XC; '72 HD Electra-Glide
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    motominded likes this.
  8. Duct Tape Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350, TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Numerous KTM's
    Chris Vestal is a good guy and his lights are excellent, for trail riding up to racing. I have a set on two of my bikes, as do many other local riders, all satisfied.

Jon
    motominded and LandofMotards like this.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have run a 6 inch rectangular Rigid Industries light on my bikes since 2010 It comes with a life time warentee yes lifetime no question asked protection I just had it repaired after this years King of the Moto night race

I also run a Rigid helmet light both are great. Rigid makes a light that will fit into the stock Husky set up Cody Webb and Taylor Roberts both ran them at this years KOM night race and finished 1 and 2
    Cosmokenney and robertaccio like this.
  10. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Looks like pretty good prices, but their website makes it impossible to find anything.
  11. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Rigid makes good stuff. The ktm/Husky products look really good.
  12. Bryce418 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 te300
    I'm pretty sure the tx uses the same stator as the te.
    as long as the light you choose is able to run off a.c. you should be fine with the stock stator.
  13. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I bought the "OEM" TE light from Slavens. He said it was from Husky. It mounted great, the husky number plate sticker fits perfect, but it doesn't come with the speedometer bracket (which has a headlight switch mount) like the one they sell on Rocky Mountain ATV site for about the same price.
    In my case the switch sticks out the side of the headlight plastic. It's kind of a bad location and is completely unprotected.
    I'm a little miffed over that, since I try to support the small shops as much as I can, but when they cut corners, that kind of sucks IMO.
    Still, though I can't complain much, the light works. I'll just have to buy the oem speedo bracket to relocate the switch so I don't break it off. I did notice that the light goes dim or bright in concert with the rpms of the motor. I wasn't expecting that from a system with a battery. So I guess the lights are fed AC direct from the stator, but the Starter runs off of DC?
    I'm going to buy the cyclops kit next paycheck, and that does come with a rectifier.
  14. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Seems odd that it dims at all with rpm change as my oem ‘15 te300 headlight doesn’t dim at all/stays constant but who knows what’s changed since then.
  15. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Slavens kit has a different harness than the actual OEM installed one on the TE. You would think that there'd be a feed from the battery, which would be cool since then I wouldn't need a second rectifier.
  16. Bryce418 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 te300
    there are a couple options to fix that issue. you could float the ground and run a trail tech regulator/rectifier or they have a plug and play dc stator that would help that.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  17. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    Most led lights have a wide dc input range, usually 12-36v. I ran a simple 50v diode bridge (from digikey) off the ac side the used it to power an 36w LED Headlight and polisport Taillight. Seems to work pretty good. The advantage is that you don't mess with the battery charging for starting and the voltage range gives quite bright lights at idle. Cam
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  18. motominded Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 KTM 450 XC-F 2009 KTM 950 SE
    Thanks man!
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Trail Tech 7" LED light in a aluminum race frame. 27 watts (DC) and 4700 lumens. It's a freaking flame thrower. I love it even during the day as people see you coming. Universal mount to forks and mounts up in minutes so you can just run it when you want to. Complete wire harness back to battery, switch, etc. You will not believe how much light this puts out and how far out there it throws it.

http://www.trailtech.net/lighting/led/7-inch-headlight

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  20. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    That's pretty reasonably priced. I like it.