1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Post up pictures of your vintage Husqvarna bikes!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Coffee, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Firecrackerkid you need to get with Todd Bohnet up in Wilson Creek Wa. Todd has 2 1983 WR175 bikes and puts on a couple of great events a year . He also has lot's of play day's also . Bohnet Motorcycle Park is on facebook give them a like !
  2. Old Geezer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 XC500, 1985 CR500
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Yamaha 360 MX, Harley FatBoy
    Getting to be quite a collection of Husky'ers around here. Ron in Yakima, Geary in Coulee Dam, Todd in Wilson Creek, and myself and my brother Chris in Ephrata and Wenatchee. If we ever get OUR bikes running, we'll all have to crash Todd's place one of these days.
  3. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

May be in the future Todd and I could put together a Husqvarna Day of riding and bike display , sit down and talk about the bike's and swap information . This could be a once of year event . This year on Easter Sunday Todd is having a vintage race . He has classes for all years of bikes. This year will be my second year there to race . I love riding my 1981 , CR430 on his track .
  4. dumpbear Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360wr burl rep/74works bike/76360wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    goldwing
    the finnished bike is my 77360wr burleson replica i bought it new and just restored it.I put on 79 front forks it rides good i did'nt have my curnutts rebuilt and painted at the time of the pic i guess should update it,the other bike that is not done has a weird frame number check it out' and look at the frame it has bends and gussets that are not on any huskys i've ever seen the guy i got it from said it was kent howertons factory race bike the frame # might suggest a factory bike if anybody knows anythig about it i sure would appreciate any info.

Attached Files:

5. White Husky Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. ronn450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Saturday this was my garage find a 1986 XC 250 rough but a great bike to restore . The amazing thing was it had a like new late model aluminum water pump clutch cover like new . I may later do a restore article on this bike .

Attached Files:

suprize and 86 400 XC like this.
  7. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I freshened up my brothers 87 430XC
    it was a good looking bike
    I bought a 93 360 and he decided he wanted one too
    so I sold this to a friend, he still enjoys it
    freshened up the engine, replaced most of the plastic, fresh tires, etc
    you get the idea

look at the pipe, had to trim the front fender to fit

87 Husqvarna 430 001.jpg 87 Husqvarna 430 002.jpg
  8. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    oh for a spare $10k burning a hole in my pocket!!!
  9. speedyauto Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Nauto 430 & 2011 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    there are only Huskies!
    My " NAUTO " (new auto)
    88 Auto engine in an 07 WR250 frame,
    Custom pipe, inlet manifold & frame mods, ported for better torque & starting, suspension set up for my weight & (lack of) ability.
    Had a few head aches & learning curves but it's getting better every time I ride it, I also have an 85 Husky CR500 6speed motor with a Magura hydraulic clutch that fits straight in the frame to make it a little more versatile.:)

So I've been asked for a few more details about what mods where needed so here goes,

Engine- Swingarm pivot hole bored from 14mm to 17mm to fit the 07 swingarm bolt (not as easy as you'd think as the outer flanges bore out ok but the centre case locator is as hard as they come).
    - OR390 kickstart to get the clearance from the footpeg & frame, I originally planned on using the 88 model kicker but you need to be 7 foot tall & it still didnt clear the foot peg.
    - Cylinder ported for more torque & easier starting (great mod even if only for the starting as there is no push starting)

Frame- Cut in front of the foot pegs & lengthened 60mm which also allowed for the cut above the exhaust port clearance to be raised higher for the different height of the exhaust ports (I used a professional race car frame builder to weld the crome moly).
    - Solid frame engine mounts to reduce the vibration & chance of bolts coming loose(sill not sure if this was a good idea as it makes removing the engine more difficult).
    - A portion of the frame on the left swing arm pivot was cut away & strengened to allow kick start clearance.
    - A hole was cut into the under side of the top frame rail directly above the spark plug to allowm me to use a ignition timing tool while still in the frame.
    - I am also considering making a head to frame mount to try & reduce the vibration even more.

Swingarm- The inside edge of the bearing pivot needed 7mm to be removed to accomodate the 88 engine but I only took it from 1 side so I could get the sprockets to line up which also means the the engine is slightly offset.
    - I also had to use an older style chain guide to get clearance for the 54t rear sprocket.

Other mods & sods- Radiators needed to be spaced 10mm out from the frame because of the frame exhaust port being raised.
    -Custom made carb to cylinder inlet manifold.
    -Custom made to 430 specs exhaust utilising the WR250 expansion chamber & muffler to keep the stock looking appearance.
    -Custom made 54t rear sprocket by Chain gang.

All in all the building & riding has been a lot of fun to do especially as the fridge was close by, I am hoping to get some video on here soon.
    Cheers:cheers:

Nauto 13.jpg Nauto 15.jpg Nauto 17.jpg Nauto 18.jpg
    cheko7, 310huskyTE, pvduke and 4 others like this.
  10. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    a true marriage of eras
    something old (88 engine)
    something new (07 frame)
    something borrowed (??)
    something RED (it's just not blue)
  11. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Fab concept, great to see your refining it and making it work. would love a ride on it.
  12. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    very nice
  13. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    wow:applause: How about some more details on the swap.

Husky John
  14. 86 400 XC Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    75,82,83,2x84,85,3x86,87,88 and 89
    Other Motorcycles:
    more Huskys
    Few things left to do on the coolest bike EVER. :D

[IMG]
    mkfox and fix like this.
  15. Stuntman Mike Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 250 enduro, 1986 400 enduro
    Very cool looking. Just curious, how does the 500 compare power wise to your 400?
  16. 86 400 XC Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    more Huskys
    Thanks

No real seat time on the 500 yet, winter time when i bought it.
  17. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    Brutal compared to the 400 from memory and i only rode the 84 model 500 which was tamed down abit!!
  18. 86 400 XC Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    more Huskys
    My 360 feels faster than the 400.

[IMG]
    pvduke, Bill502, 310huskyTE and 2 others like this.
  19. Michel Dufayard Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You 've put your kitchen in your garage !:)
    fix likes this.
  20. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    That is the garage but it has a kitchen as his wife wont let him in the house anymore:D