1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Poor poor husqy. 2011 te449 needs new stator (I think)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jordon labbe, May 24, 2014.

1. jordon labbe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te449
    So I've gone through a new battery just to realize that the battery is not being charged by the stator. Simple. My 2011 te449 began to act up and now is killing a fully charged battery in a matter of an hours ride. Pleeease I need help from some wise husqvarna peers. I used a multimeter and only got 14 ish VAC coming out of the stators 3 yellow wires to my understanding in the loaded and unloaded state. I also tried and tested for what I believe to be resistance. I touched the red to each of the three yellow wires and had the black touched to a frame bolt and got 0.03 volts when touched to 2 of 3 yellow wires. Am I doing this right? Could the stator be fine? Could I have something running that is sucking to much juice? (Bike is stock everything) could it be the ground? (Which I don't know where it is..

If so, where can I find an aftermarket and or used/OEM stator ?????
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hey Jordan.

Just had a look in the Husky manuals.

The charging volts should top out at about 14v no load at the battery.

The resistance for the stator windings, testing across the pins inside the disconnected white stator plug (not to earth) is listed at 0.8 ohms.

The main thing I'd check is the 30A fuse at the starter relay under the seat & also the fuse terminals inside the holder to make sure they are getting good contact.

Check the earth wires to the frame also.

Hope that helps...
  3. Tony Ryan Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RC51, 300EXC-E
    Hello folks I am new to the forum. I don't want to high jack Jordan's thread but I have an issue with my te449 I just bought. We just did our first ride yesterday 113 km. bike went great but at the end of the day when I went to put it on the trailer it's dead, turn in the key and there's nothing happening at all. Is there a common problem with a particular plug or fuse that I should go to first?. I see mine has the loop plugged in under the seat and there is a plug where the O2 sensor used to be. Apart from that it was pretty stock when I bought it with all lights etc still fitted. It's only done 440 km from new. Now 550km.
  4. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I would first check the large fuse under the seat & it's pins that it plugs into. Also, obviously, the battery terminals.
    There are more fuses up behind the headlamp.

The loop wire under the seat puts the bike in 'race map II'.
    A better set of fuel maps than the standard road going maps.
  5. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Also check grounds and terminals at the battery, be sure there is not something loose or corroded.

Might likely be a bad battery in both cases. One that is not keeping charge...
  6. Tony Ryan Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RC51, 300EXC-E
    Found it easily enough, the 30 amp fuse under the seat. No idea why it blew, bike ran fine all day then stopped when it was about to go back on the trailer, Cant complain about the timing I guess! At least I got back to the car.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  7. jordon labbe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te449
    So at this point I did my own check of wires and fuses. All fuses are good and working (including ones under seat) although I'm not positive on the ground wires I'm pretty sure all is good and I believe it's just a bad stator.

So my big question is where can I find an OEM or aftermarket stator for my 2011 te449??
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I had a stator go out on my 2011 TE511. Make sure its not your Rectifier / regulator first. I was lucky to find a used one. New they are like $350 or more. Some can be fixed. Mine looked fine but was bad.
  9. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Not good reading :(

Hall's Cycles

Home » Our Inventory » Husqvarna OEM
    Part #7723452
    ASSY GENERATOR KYMCO 165W
    ITEM: #HHU-7723452
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG] 0 REVIEWS | WRITE A REVIEW
    REVIEWS
    Reviewed by 0 customer Newest First Oldest First Highest Rating First Lowest Rating First

There are currently no reviews for this product, be the first add a review and share your thoughts with other customers.

QUANTITY : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    $414.50

10. jordon labbe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te449
    So she is due to go my nearest husky dealer next week and a red seal will inspect and do some real investigation. So we'll go from there. Hopefully it's just some faulty wiring but to my understanding I guess the 2011 models have common stator issues
  11. jordon labbe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te449
    Cheers thanks a lot!! I appreciate it. Just incase the shop tries to pull a fast one and charge a million dollars for it
  12. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

No worries.
    This is the easiest way to locate parts online I've found so far -

I locate my bike & use the online lists to find the part I need here -

http://www.husqyparts.com/

Then copy/paste the p/no into Hall's parts search window here -

www.halls-cycles.com/default.asp?page=catalogs

Works for me.
    Hall's have the listings in their site, but are a PDF that has to load each time :)
  13. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

I hope not, my bike is a 2011 :)
    I have 119 hrs & 3400km on mine now
  14. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Try another battery?

Worth a shot.

Sometimes they go bad and can draw the voltage down quite low or do funny things. Check grounds, leads, and connections also. Just be super sure before you take it in.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine was the first I have hear of. It is a nice looking part. Shit happens.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  16. ALLTRQ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE511
  17. jordon labbe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te449
    Hot damn I'm a genius( not actually I'm just persistent and pretty dedicated to my husky) I have found the problem to my problem . That darn stator I tell ya. So I take the cover off stator and inspect the coil. (Which looks quite normal.) but little did I know I had to take it out and inspect the back side. And bam! Darn tott'n black corrosion just sitting there laughing at me.. We'll at least now I KNOW it's my stator that is fried image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Mr Ford40 and danny318 like this.
  18. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    [IMG]

PM. Member BiGDoM on the cafe husky forum he's from Grahamstown South Africa. He just had the same exact problem on his G450X and found out what it was this past weekend. There is a place that will rewind the thing in the UK. I listed below and he just found a place right down the street from where he is in South Africa to do it for a tenth of what a new one costs. About, equivelent of $35.00 DoM has found prices for New ones also. best price 332.00 USD or 178 Euros.in the UK
    The CCM Motorcycles website also shows an image of a stator on its homepage if I remember and lists an upgraded output stator for the KYMCO 449 engines assembly but won't even respond to inquiries for purchases.
    check out the website listed below.
    [QUOTE FROM OTHER FORUM] Good resource for bike electrics - looking under generators I do not see ours straight off ... although you would expect it to be the same as some other model!? [IMG]

I hope the image of DoMs stator comes out for you when you click on it. It does for me and his is exactly the same as yours is.

19. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Ummm.... Can you just seperate the charred wires, clean them up and get them re-epoxy coated?
  20. jordon labbe Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te449
    T
    This is also an option I would like to look into. Does anyone know how I could go about that?