1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Picking up my first husky thumper!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Mountain_Man, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 CR125 Husky, 06 TC510, 08 TC510
    I'm Picking up an 06 TC510 soon, I am so excited! Now I can use the 510 for long distance riding in the bush. The 125 is becoming too pretty, so she will strictly stay on the tracks for good now. For 3,200 on a 510, it will need some loving and I am ok with that. I should probably make a joke and create a team decal ''006'', I have a huge fudge for 06 huskies and now I have 2!

When I saw the bike started up from the previous owner the T-connector was seeping rad fluid, I can find an oem, but are there any stronger aftermarket ones that will not start the problem again?
  2. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  3. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    Uptite y connector was the hot ticket, also heard of guys going to hardware store and getting brass, or copper y fitting.
  4. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I just tried looking for the Y connector from Uptite, it's all updated ktmbergvarnas. Are all Y connectors the same fitment if any bike as them, Zip-Ty has one for suzuki/honda, not sure if the hose is the same diameter for it? I can see why they chosed copper because the water tanks have them for housing.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Call them up at ZipTy and find out. If not, they should be able to point you in the right direction.
    Kam1 likes this.
  6. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    If for some crazy reason Zip Ty does not know, I would call Bills Cycles ( he is in the market place on this site), or Halls Cycles.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Good idea Kam!
  8. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just go to the hardware store and get a copper "T" for under 10 bucks and you will be fine.
  9. Torqin T Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919, YZ125
    well at least you saw it start, it could have played dead like the FCR huskies I know. Although I'm sure that 125 kicks to life like a wet dream. Nice ride otherwise.
  10. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Copper fitting it is then. Also I noticed there was a mesh screen behind the air filter? I thought it was another dirt/grit protector, but apparently it's for backfire protection(owner didn't have the manual, had to research). I haven't rode the bike yet so i wouldn't know how rich or lean it is yet, more so concerned about doing a thorough check and replace what's on the priority list first.

Previous owner couldn't tell me when or how many hours was on the valves/crank/piston/cam chain or even checked, bike fires up tight with no unusual sounds. I rather play it safe than get stranded out in Timbucktoo. Hour meter is on the way.:thumbsup:
  11. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Uptites Y is the way to go. splits it for better flow. 1 - 714 - 540 - 2920 keep the mesh screen. it is there for a reason.