Photobucket

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by RTFliferide, Aug 23, 2017.

1. RTFliferide Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 wr-250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    atk, can-am
    Thanks to all for the valuable info shared on this site. Any way to get rid of or around the photobucket virus that's becoming a plague ?
  2. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    I have ditched Photobucket as the "3rd party hosting" issue is a joke along with all the adverts. I have moved all mine to Google Photo's. I have put the pictures back in some of the threads on here, but I guess there is more to do.

Is or has Photo Bucket gone belly up ??
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    apparently (this has had a huuuge effect on the ozvmx forum) suckerberg bought PB and ramped up the ads. everyone went adblockers so he thought up the charge for 3rd party hosting (linking to forums etc) so everyone has gone onedrive google etc and are happy with the outcomes. if he had charged 25 bucks or so , 99% would have forked out but at 350...bupbow....
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yeah,

They screwed all mine up too!
  5. silverstreakNZ Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82cr500,76gp360,90wr250,81 420AXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    74 tm400 , 02 gasgas ec 300
    This has ruined all the bike stuff I like to read . People went to the effort of taking photos uploading them and writing how to threads and now it's ruined
  6. dmw_az Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    500hp Dodge SRT4
    It's ruined most of the car sites I go to as well. It's a real shame.
  7. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    there are prolific posters in ozvmx just spending 10 mins a night resetting their favorite posts with new links especially on stories of tech value which is great
  8. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    greedy bastard that one :mad:
  9. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    What I read here does not sound like a virus.

Just curious why one would not want to let the forum host the image. I can see a few reasons, do not like the terms and conditions of the site loose copyright rights perhaps one, another being viewers need sign in to see more than a thumbnail.

One can enter into a website hosting agreement and link to your pictures you upload to that. Some are not much over $100 a year and come with email accounts, no need to actually register a domain. Chances are your isp or internet service provider has some limited hosting with your deal.

Forums, internet discussion groups have value and get sold then the new owner may force all sorts of new advertising.

This seems to me a topic for the general section.

fran
  10. RTFliferide Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 wr-250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    atk, can-am
    Reason posted in the resto. forum was to state the huge loss of visual info that was originally posted by members for all to see. The phrase, a picture is worth a thousand words may be an understatement especially when dealing with technical re-fab issues, logo placements, correct fitment of mudguards, number plates , correct paint colors, cable & hose routing and all other things one encounters when bringing a cool oldie back to life. When faced with the Photobull icon I would bet a vast majority don't want to deal with it or can't afford it, and most original posters of this info won't go thru the process of re-doing them. So when & if Photobucket ceases will all these images be lost forever, in the name of greed ? It's just a shame.
    Teeszy likes this.