1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Phone Scam

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by vintagecs, Feb 5, 2018.

1. vintagecs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '78 390OR, '76 360 Auto, '74 125SC
    Other Motorcycles:
    Penton, Yamaha
    Received from someone in the Penton Owners Group:

I received a phone call from one of our POG members. He received a phone call from someone offering him $7,000 to buy his Penton 250.
    The phone call was received on his cell phone with no phone number listed. He did not advertise his bike for sale. The phone caller knew about the bike, apparently from an old POG calendar or from the bike being shown in a publication. The phone caller wanted to send a check for the purchase of the bike and the bike to be forwarded after the check clears the bank. He was insistant that the title or bill of sale would need to be sent to him right away. The POG member told him that nothing would be sent until the check was received and cleared the bank. With this information, the caller hung up.
    Apparently there is a new scam going on. Be aware of anyone contacting you about buying a bike or anything that you are not selling. If you are selling anything and are willing to accept a check, make sure that the check clears the bank and wait another week after the bank shows the check has cleared before sending anything.
    Tell your friends about this scam so that they are aware of it.
  2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    there is a whole new industry now of pricks trying to utilise electronic comms to part you from your hard earned. rule #1 if it is too good to be true..its a scam. ignore / delete and confirm or check with 3rd parties if you are selling anything.
  3. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I dont sell motorcycles, I only buy, so this is not a problem for me.
    DaveM, reveille, Picklito and 3 others like this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This a sure total scam. I would wait longer than a week after the funds clear maybe 3 to be safe, the scammers have ways of pulling funds back that screw you.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    At one time I trusted people now I don’t anymore.

A guy calls me from the police dept. he wants a donation. After his speech I ask him where is he at, ( I’m in ct.) he says Kansas great? See ya.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    cash talks. the rest walks. full stop.
    DaveM likes this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Going from a calendar pic and want to buy the bike.

I posted on Craig’s husky site I had a Husqvarna auto. Not for sale just talking about it. A guy calls me from Pa and wants to buy it. Moments later thinking it’s a prank call his buddy explains the guy who called has one leg and needs a auto to ride. Well if he wants to ride that bad I can sell my auto. I sold him parts bikes plus a running bike. Knowing I’ll never get another one I let it go.
    DaveM likes this.