Parker 250 Press Release

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by Husky Relic, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Here is the latest press release on the first race of the season for Team Husqvarna and Zip-Ty Racing:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE

CONTACT Scot Harden, Sales & Marketing Mgr
    Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
    Tel (201)930-3200
    scot.harden@husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com

HUSQVARNA TEAMS RIDE HIGH IN 2009 DESERT OPENERS
    ZipTy Teams Powerful at Parker 250.
    Burson Best at Jackrabbit Hare & Hound.

January 13, 2009 -- Woodcliff Lake, NJ – While not evident to casual race watchers the wheels of history were turning in Arizona last Saturday morning when a two motorcycle team headed by desert ace Ty Davis rolled toward the starting line of the Parker 250. With little fanfare the flag dropped at 7:24am and Davis clicked into gear his Malcolm Smith supported Zip-Ty Racing #N05 Husqvarna 510 TXC. The move solidified Husqvarna’s first major desert race entry and opened yet another chapter in Husqvarna’s historic racing legacy.

Starting from the back of the Open Class grid Davis fought a blinding combination of dust and bright morning sun, but wasted no time advancing his and co-rider Gary Sutherland’s #N05 Husky to the front of the pack. The pair rode flawlessly and other than regretting his choice in gearing rider/manager Davis’ was delighted with his teams’ 2nd Open Pro / 3rd Overall, and the 7th Open Pro / 9th overall finish.

“I’m very pleased with the result. We basically came over here to shake down the bikes to see where we stand. We didn’t even finish working on them until midnight Thursday,” said Davis. “We were a little under-geared which really hurt us in the fast sections but to get both bikes to the finish line with no mechanicals speaks well for these Husqvarna’s and the riders.”

Harden posted a flawless ride with his co-rider Nick Burson and together they ended their day with a 9th overall, 7th in class finish. An excellent showing for the pair’s first competitive attempt aboard the powerful #N04 Husqvarna 510 TXC.

“We haven’t had much of a chance to test this new Husky but our preparation and race strategy paid off,” said Harden. “I’m always glad to get the racing season underway and I’m pleased that Nick and I had a smooth ride and a top 10 finish.”

Nick Burson: 1st Overall in Season Opening AMA District 37 Hare & Hound

Most racers who’d logged a 9th place overall finish in the Parker 250 would probably be happy to kick back with a cool drink and think ahead to the next race, assuming of course that “next” meant “next week” or “next month”. Not so for Nick Burson who upon immediately crossing the finish line in Parker climbed off the Husqvarna 510 TXC he shared with Brent Harden and headed off to enter another Husky into the AMA District 37 Jackrabbits Hare & Hound. Fueled by adrenaline and inspired by his earlier performance, Burson rocketed off the line, took the smoke bomb in 3rd, passed the race leader within 2-miles, and quickly established a comfortable lead that took him all the way to the finish line.

“I really started to feel comfortable on the bike as the race wore on,” said Burson, whose District 37 overall race win harkened back to the day when Huskys’ were frequent visitors to the winner’s podium in desert races throughout the Southwest. To win was an amazing feat in itself, to win in his first ride out truly sends a message. Nick’s performance as well as those of his fellow Zip-Ty Racing Husqvarna riders at the Parker 250 portends greatly to a lot of good Husqvarna racing in the future. Husky has returned to the desert with a vengeance! Look for more good things to come from Zip-Ty Racing and Husqvarna in 2009.

# # #

Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.

Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. The BMW Group’s sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC returned to off-road racing competition in 2008 and during 2009 Husqvarna will expand its professional race team to compete in AMA GNCC, Endurocross, National Hare & Hound, the AMA Hare Scrambles Series, and WORCS competition. Husqvarna team riders will compete in the premier classes of each series aboard 2009 Husqvarna TXC 450, TXC 510, and WR 300 off-road models.

Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC 300 Chestnut Ridge Road, Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677 USA

Submitted by Resmarket, Inc., Box 231765, Encinitas, CA 92023-1765
    Contact: Scott Cox scott@resmarket.com tel 760-436-9937 fax 760-753-6906

I've been trying to figure out myself the last time a Husky won a D-37 deseet race overall. I keep thinking it goes back to the Dan Smith era. It sure would be nice to know. Actually Nick's win is pretty impressive all things considered. Expect a lot more great things from Nick as well as the rest of Ty's team.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks Scot! :cheers:

I think I just figured out why you posted in the recommended dealers forum - where people are supposed to put up dealers they have had good luck with.... I screwed up some permission settings at my end. :doh:

I've turned on the "Current Status" forum and renamed it "HSQ Talk" where everyone can post. You can put whatever you want in there and have discussions with everyone, and I'll move this thread there

The "Monthly Message from Husqvarna" area can only be posted in by Husky Corporate (you so far), Mods & myself - in case you just wanted to say something and and not get into a conversation about it.

I am quite open to any suggestions what to name forums... would "Factory Talk" be better?
  3. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Factory Talk is good!! For a second I didn't know what HSQ TAlk was?

I also like the post in the Corporate Section by Scot. Please keep them coming!
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Factory Talk it is. :thumbsup:

I've straightened out the permission settings on the Husqvarna Corporate sections. Everyone can post in all sections except the 'Monthly Message' area.

*sorry for the interruption*
  5. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice :cheers:
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, regardless of how/where it was posted, the press release is great news:thumbsup:

Thanks for keeping us updated!

WoodsChick
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now i know how African-Americans felt when Obama was elected. :applause:

It just feels so freakin great to have Husky out front in the dez.

"HEROS RIDE HUSKYS"
  8. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Thanks for getting this put in the right place. After I hit "submit: and looked at the sections again I felt I pmight have screwed up.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good to see you online a bit more.

Was not sure about how to set things up or what you wanted so I took my best guess. I can change things around however is best.

Right now all areas can be posted in by everyone except "Monthly Message" area - in case someone from the factory wants to just deliver information and not get into a discussion. Rob Kieth, your boss, someone from the warehouse regarding parts, someone at the hotline # (the # posted up yesterday), Italy... If they let me know they are from the factory I can change their account.

The "Factory Talk" section is the same thing but people can reply.
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Just curious how they got the gearing wrong. Lot's of experience with the race and area. I'm curious what George recommended as I know they talked quite a bit.
  11. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its kinda funny trying to gear for Parker. Usually there are some really long graded roads with 7-8 miles of 100mph sections, then there are some really thick sandy sections and plenty of woops. So far ive never been able to gear it fast enough. One can make up heeps, i mean HEEPS of time on those long drag strip sections. Problem is they are also going slightly uphill, so ya gotta have the extra motor to pull it. Just some thoughts. I have no idea what gearing issues they might have had.