Overnight in the Hoh 9/14-15

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by hikewithmike, Sep 10, 2013.

1. hikewithmike Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Somewhat last minute but wanted to through this out there, as I'd like to meet some other Terra/Strada riders, or Husky owners in general.

I was inspired by meetup invite earlier this week to do a overnighter on the Olympic Pennisula. Weather permitting this will involve pitching a tent at the Hoh Campground. Why, might you ask? Well, I haven't yet been there, and wanted to trot a few miles up the trail, and the campground itself is pretty far from US-101.

I am still putting together the route, but it mostly involves heading south to Shelton and then taking a mixture of back roads to US-101, bypassing Hoqiam, then heading northward and stopping for lunch somewhere on the way to the Hoh campground. Day 2 involves coming back around the north end of the peninsula via 101 or 112 and parting ways where convenient (I am hoping aboard the Edmonds ferry). Depending on time might make a run up Hurricane Ridge, but I aim to be back of the 5:30 kickoff for the Hawks game.

Time: TBD
    Cost: er, $12 for the campsite (though I think we can pitch a couple tents per site) and $5 to enter the National Park, and something for lunch/dinner.
    Dates: Saturday (9/14) and Sunday (9/15)
    Road Types: Paved and gravel

Anyone is welcome to join!

For more information about the Hoh Rainforest, check out out this link.
    Rob578 likes this.