Over Rev Lamp came on!!

Discussion in '610/630' started by JRCarp, Jul 5, 2009.

1. JRCarp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have an 06 610.
    I just turned 5500 miles this weekend on a couple of long rides I did.
    Twice while crusing my Red Over Rev Lamp lit up for just a second.

First time I was going about 65 in 6th on highway and it just flashed on for a second. I think I noticed this right away but by the time I looked at it, it went off.
    The second time was the next day was just rolling down a back road about 55 in 6th again and it flashed for just a sec. This time it was dark so I noticed it right away, by the time I looked down it went off.

Both days were long days around 250 miles each and probably 4 to 6 hours running time and both time it happend near the end of the ride.

Any one ever have this happen?
    Am I looking at a potential problem or failure?

Thanks,
    John
  2. JRCarp Husqvarna
    AA Class

BTW it's a TE610 not sure if the SM has the same computer.
  3. Only thing I can think of is your gearing is extremely low.
  4. JRCarp Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's all stock gearing.
    I think I run 4500 to 5000rpm at 65mph.

Thanks,
    John
  5. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My '08 has flashed every once in awhile since around 500 miles. It kind of shocked me at first, but then as I didn't notice anything funny I didn't worry about it. Same thing with my '99 F-150, sometimes the odometer wants to appear and sometimes not. I chock it up to the world of computers!
  6. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The red shift light or over-rev light is adjustable for what rev you want it to come on at. If you have had the battery off or the CPU has sneezed & reset itself, then you will have to go in & set it to when the light comes on & at what rev it does.
    Check out this link to SMJ. They were talking a lot back in 2006 & 2007 about how to reset this & change that concerning the gauges.....I though the stock setting was around 8250 RPM. GL

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=12917&highlight=610 reset
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

The rev limiter is set for 8250, it begins shorting out the ignition before the engine disassembles itself and is not adjustable. The red shift light is adjustable and should probably be set for something a bit lower than the rev limiter.
  8. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I doubt that i've ever hit 8250, so mine must have been set or set itself lower. I don't think it's flashed more than 1/2 dozen times. I think it's a glitch, but i'll check the setting. Thanks RBG!
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

A glitch in the system would be my guess, the factory computers aren't really noted for their ease of use or reliability.:cheers:
  10. nachoman Husqvarna
    B Class

Interesting. Does anybody know if 8250 has always been the redline? All the Husky specs I've seen have just listed the redline as N/A which sounds like a challenge ;)

(Reason for the question... it'd be nice to know to set it on the new Acewell computer)
  11. rajobigguy Administrator

Oh I'm sure that any of the 570's or uncorked 610's are easily capable of breaching that barrier. I've hit the rev limiter several times, because it never feels like the power is ready to sign off but I doubt that it's a good idea to run them much higher than that for any length of time or they may go into auto-disassembly mode.
  12. JRCarp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks all!
    I never did figure out how to change the max revs or even see what it is set at.
    Once I was in some menu somewhere and did see 825 but don't remember where I was.

I did however figure out how to get rid of the lap timer and other timers, I hated having to go through all of them to get back to mileage or reset the trip meter every time.

Thanks again for all the replies.
    John
  13. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Not completely sure what you're talking about, but the big(ger) red light that can come on is pretty much a malfunction indicator. Check and make sure you don't have too much or too little oil. Thats when I've seen mine come on- when I put too much oil in it.
  14. Thorton98 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Huh, that's interesting! In my manual, pg. 14 shows that #6 "MAX ENGINE r.p.m" warning light comes on after that the vertical and horizontal "LED" indicators have completed their stroke: 8250 r.p.m. approx.) I did not know that oil could have an effect on that light. Definitely something to consider!
  15. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Oh, trust me... it does come on when you over-rev it too. Cranking out those first gear wheelies taps the light pretty quick.
  16. JRCarp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll check that too, but I did during that ride and it was right in the middle of the Oil window.
    It's got about 1K on it since the last oil change and this was during 500 of those miles.
  17. restukey Husqvarna
    A Class

The stock speedo is junk and will eventually fail all together. Mine lit up like a christmas tree before it went. But, I am sticking to my story of the 143mph in 3rd gear that it recorded. When I finally took mine off, it rattled inside from broken plastic bits. The TrailTech Vapor was a reasonable alternative.
  18. Big E Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey JRCarp, I had that exact same thing happen under almost the exact same conditions. 6000 miles on bike. Over 200 miles that day when it came on. Was riding about 70 mph in 6th. Came on for just a second. My bike is geared a little lower than stock but at 80 mph I'm only turning 6000 rpms. So, I know it was not over-revving. My oil-lamp indicator light has been on for a while. This is the light for the first engine oil replacement at 620 miles. Long since done that and others. Not sure why light is on but maybe if computer thinks bike is still being broken-in, it has different parameters for the over-rev light.
  19. Boatman Husqvarna
    A Class

You need to turn it off manually, it doesn't go out by itself. I forgot what the procedure was. I'm sure someone will chime in with the link.
  20. Boatman Husqvarna
    A Class

Just found it....

How do you get the oil can symbol to disappear

1 Hold gauge button 7 count

2 Turn key to on while still holding button

3 Wait till screen is blank while holding button then let go

4 Now you can press the button individuale times to scroll through all the options

5 when you find your option press and hold on it

6 It then says yes or no on or off press once to go back an forth hold to select then turn key off