Out and About (Terra, Strada)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by roscotom, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Chuffa Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT250
    A couple of days camping before my summer holidays wrap up. Quite cool in south west aust for this time of year. The safari tank and steering stabiliser are making life easier. Approaching 80k km now and still loving this bike.

Attached Files:

PaulC, vodka, nev.. and 1 other person like this.
  2. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    If nothing else...THAT is nice to hear!
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Pete (at a paltry 11k km)
  3. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Chuffa....looks georgeous.. Camp anywhere eh wot? Agree steering stabilizer is a winner. Although sometimes I get so wrapped uo forget to change settings...
  4. uNcL3ZA Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada & Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    4A3D0AA6-EDDD-47C6-B264-589030626331.jpeg 4A3D0AA6-EDDD-47C6-B264-589030626331.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. rockyrida Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Little Desert adventure! Haven't ridden the tr much in the last few years due to a few workplace accidents. While recovering from the latest i decided a few days away camping and riding in the Little Desert National Park was just what the doctor ordered. Just needed to wait until I had enough strength in my hand to operate the clutch.
    IMG_20190928_174610261_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190927_130228143.jpg The going was tough in the sand and the k60s were struggling with traction but once up and moving it would float across the sand quite well.
    IMG_20190927_123707206_HDR.jpg
    The front tyre being only a 19in and fairly wide seemed to pick up the ruts that ran across the one you would be in and would shoot you in different directions. Pretty scary at 60km/h but only posed a problem in the toughest deepest sections that had had 4wds chop up.
    IMG_20190927_135127986.jpg
    Picking up the bike up after months of inactivity and barely managing to do a pushup was a killer and several of these made sure I slept well that night.
    Still loving this bike after so many years, yeah it would be nice to have something a bit lighter, more off road worthy but it wouldn't be half as practical. Hopefully get out here again when I'm feeling stronger... and have better tyres... and maybe finally get that lowering link.
    vodka likes this.
  6. rockyrida Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
  7. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    Cool mate well done! Better tyres with lower pressure will help alot.
    Try not lowering it if you can avoid it...
    rockyrida likes this.
  8. rockyrida Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Yes you are completely right re lowering, might go the seat shaving route.
  9. vodka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200R , Yamy WR250R
    Gd'day .Nice trip..sands a bugger// I did read you were thinking of getting a lowering link.
    I have one I dont use... A Kouba lowering link Lowest ...1 inch if I recall. If you're interested.. BTW never used..
    rockyrida likes this.
  10. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Almost 2 years, where is everybody? Do you still ride your TR650?

20210815_105452.jpg 20210815_104226.jpg
  11. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Sold it last year, bringing to an end a 50 year career in riding.

It was a fun bike but I was getting more interested in trials type riding and much less interested in injury rehab.
  12. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    Well, spent the summer in Bulgaria and were reunited with our Terras.
    [IMG]

Did our yearly ride-out to the Buzludzha monument, together with a friend on a X-Ch TR650 nephew.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Did some further exploring of the "Stara Planina" (Old mountains) section of the Balkan range and the mountains closer to the Turkish border and the coast.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Found a nice camp site near Sliven that we'll definitely will be revisiting.
    [IMG]

And finally found another alternative crossing of the Stara Planina mountains that was pretty interesting.
    [IMG]
  13. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I hear ya, been looking at the Electro Motion E bike for trials. Bought a nice Z900rs Cafe that seems to be my go to bike. I'll keep the TR650 as I bought it new and is a great bike, especially for when folks come and visit.

20210811_115645.jpg
  14. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50

That looks like some great touring. Thanks for posting this up. That Buzlduzha Monument looks like a space ship. Wonder if this has anything to do with visitor from another world? Is there a story behind it?

I also get the urge to drive up those steps :D
    durtkillon likes this.
  15. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    It is one of those megalomaniac soviet era buildings. It was built as the headquarters of the Bulgarian communist party. As it was only finished in 1981 it only saw limited use before the iron curtain came down.
    After the overthrow of the communist rule it was totally neglected and started deteriorating very fast. Many Bulgarians would rather not be reminded of that part of their history, so the government never invested in maintaining it after 1989. The remains of the communist party kept calling them out on it until the government donated the building back to the CP. As they didn't have any money the building just kept deteriorating.
    Only last year, with the help of foreign investors, has some restoration on the beautiful mosaics inside been started. Which imho is a good thing, as history (good and bad) should not be forgotten.

here's a few pics from back in 2016 when you could still crawl in.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Did that a few times in previous years. But there's a guard posted now that gets very grumpy when you do :busted: