Our new 449/511 seat

Discussion in 'Seat Concepts' started by x400racer, Apr 27, 2011.

1. x400racer CH Sponsor

We just finished the 449/511 seat and here is some pictures. Its not on the site yet but if interested contact me.

Attached Files:

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I should be evaluating this seat soon. Stock one is actually pretty good but i just did 312 miles this weekend and want to try one now [IMG]
  3. pbreisch Husqvarna

How does this seat compare in height to the original? I am looking for ways to shave some height off the top and I would love to kill 2 birds with one stone here.
  4. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    im also interested in hearing back about the height issue, or a leg length issue, haha
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Height is about the same but the seat flat RULES. I have had several hi dollar seats and this inexpensive one kills them. Could not be more happy with it. the foam is unusual and PERFECT and the seat cover while not flashy and colorful is perfect grip and looks very nice / fits perfect. GREAT product from those guys.

[IMG]
  6. x400racer CH Sponsor

The standard kit is stock height. We can cut them down per your request. Just be aware that there is very little foam there and you will lose comfort. If you want to order one cut down just send us a email with what you are looking for and we will take care of it.
    Robert
  7. chas1067 Husqvarna

Hi just thought id let you guys know my experience regards shaving the seat. I had mine done and the guy got a bit carried away. When your sat on the bike you tend to slide forward a bit and this alters your foot angle. So makes the rear brake pedal too high even when fully adjusted on the cam. I recon your better off getting your rear shock modified. Charlie SAM_0022.JPG
  8. jon6.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Speed Triple
    Just placed my order for a 449 seat. I had them do the foam .5 harder on their recommendation since I weigh 275lbs.
  9. Herb Zumberge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    how much difference does it make on the seat height?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    None really. Just better foam and wider in the rear. I still highly recommend this GREAT seat.
  11. jon6.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Speed Triple
    Got the seat a couple days ago. A local Phoenix shop is going to charge me $35 to install it. They are busy with Arizona bike week orders right now, so I have to wait a couple of weeks. :(
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Install it yourself. I did mine on my 511 and I;m not real good at that stuff but the seat pan is soft enough to not struggle real bad with the staples and the foam and cover fit so well you can hardly mess it up.
  13. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you make a tall seat? Im 6'4" and looking for a little more legroom on TXC449.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just tell them what you want and that's what you get. :thumbsup:
    B_M_F likes this.
  15. x400racer CH Sponsor

We do not have a tall version in kit form. Give us a call and we will give you details on doing a custom tall seat for you.
  16. pointman449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc449
    well i would like to know how much your seat cost for my 11' txc449 please
    pointman449
  17. x400racer CH Sponsor

18. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    just ordered one for my TE511, thanks
  19. Bionic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Is the 10% off for all Cafe Husky members? How do I get the 10% off when I order?
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, just mention it when you order. Great people to work with. I have three of their seats on three different types of bikes and they all RULE. Went from never buying a seat in 30 years of riding to having to have a SC seat on all my bikes, they are that good IMHO. Or, maybe i am getting that old :D