1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Online buying parts rant or warning........

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Besides in my last post about this besides calling the parts the wrong year and wrong size engine. What I'm seeing now is a shift in offerings. The prices of used parts is way too high but now they strip each engine down to the case, crank and tranny as far as they can go then ask the price of a complete engine. I can assemble a rolling frame for much less than I pay to build a engine for. They even sell the screws and drain plug seperate. I won't even get into the gas tank prices. Shop around. Bill
    RUF and compmoto like this.
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    whats the your point? its nothing new. been going on for years on ebay..
    best to buy local bikes that pop up for personal needs..
    RUF and ajcmbrown like this.
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    It's getting worse lately.
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Basic economics (Supply and Demand). This old stuff is drying up. I sell new OEM gas tanks for starting at $2000.00 why because I can. Been storing them for 40-50 years keeping them safe now I want to get paid for the time and effort. Same with engine and other parts. The older it is the more it"s worth....
    Later George
    2premo and RUF like this.
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Then I must be worth a real lot George!
  6. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Worn out and used up has a different price structure, not always bad tho.
    Later George
    Bill502 and 2premo like this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Your right George. i guess the more these vintage Husqvarnas catch on the higher the demand the higher the cost goes. Your right new oem gas tanks? They would be in my man cave.
    2premo likes this.
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Me too.
  9. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Modern Bikes are no different. If You have a bike thats 2 years old you can sell it for more if you part it out. The more rare the bike ( like an Italian made one ) the bigger the advantage of parting it out.
  10. Houredout401 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '77 CR250 '78WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '76MR250 '83IT250 '84 IT490 '69CT70
    Frustrating yes, but I cant fault them for trying as long as the description is accurate. One guy, digidave has some annoying listings - like a single rusted bolt for $29, or worn out rubber parts that are listed as rare vintage, but are still available new through a dealer. But those buyers get what they deserve for not educating themselves. For me, the best parts come from enthusiast forums like this one.
    Brad-in-STL, rancher1 and Joe Chod like this.
  11. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

But I also see that some of these parts are for sale Year after Year, and nobody is ever going to buy a $29 rusted out bolt. What really gets me is when somebody lists a new part 177 times so that it takes up page after page. I will never ever buy from somebody who does this.
    moto_surfer and rancher1 like this.