O'Neal and Bell helmets

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by The Old Husky, Mar 16, 2021.

1. The Old Husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 610, 1990 EML Husqvarna
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 TM MX125
    Like so many things, including all American brands like Apple computers and Bell Helmets, it is made in China. So i assume that O'Neal helmets are also made in China. But by the look of it, O'Neal make some beautiful MX helmets. But is it any good?

Does someone has experience, good or bad with O'Neal helmets?

And the same for Bell helmets, as Bell make some beautiful Husqvarna helmets (= Bell Moto 9 mips), yet twice as expensive as the the most expensive O'Neal helmet. And i know Bell is made in China nowadays.

Any experience on Bell Moto 9 or Bell in general?

How does it fit according to the given size, are they a little to large or a little to small or exactly to the given size?
    Do they keep their shape well, inside / outside?
    Easy to clean or a drama?
    Do they feel like a well build, well designed quality helmet?
    How do they stay at the longer use, do they become floppy, discolor, deform, filthy and hard to clean, etc, etc?

Questions like this, for both brands.
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I have a 9 mips, love it, generally easy to clean, reasonably light and holds shape very well
    bought mine when they first came out, didn't know it was made in asia, but at this point won't be completely surprised
  3. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I like the bell also. some helmets, like the shoei have longer cheek pads that push in my cheeks. I end up biting the inside of my cheeks. the bell cheek pads end shorter