OMRA Racing, BMP Riders GP Round 2

Discussion in 'Racing' started by oregonsage, Mar 25, 2013.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Yes we went racing last weekend. Of course we won ! It may have been the magic sweatshirt.

Round 2 of the OMRA GP series was put on by Northwest Offroad Racing Assoc at the Prineville Adventure Park, March 23, 2013. In prior years this race has been held several weeks later, and battling severe dust was an issue. This year we just had to drive over ice covered roads so we could huddle up in 23 degree weather while waiting to race! The dirt however was just-right moist, making for excellent racing conditions.

The 50 Expert group got off the line around 10 after various delays (and after the sun had pushed the temps above freezing). Pretty much all the best riders were there for this event, but it didnt matter. Mark took a commanding lead on the first 30 minute loop, after starting in the back of the pack. Seems that some guys got a bit lost shortly after the start and lost quite a bit of time, however it didnt make much difference because Mark continued to stretch the lead by a couple minutes per loop all the way to the end.

This was terrain close to home for Mark and an excellent course for the mighty 310R. We are still running stock engine and exhaust while we wait for the FMF header and a chance to download the 'open' pipe map.

Mark wasnt the only BMP guy to do well. Nelson, in his second expert race dueled with the second place 50 Expert pack until he got diverted into the weeds during an attempted pass ..... its tough to get around a couple of crafty old guys. Great ride and improving fast.

Tim Troffer showed up on his 165 WB in blue and yellow livery, and the new guy Paul soldiered to the end with a flat rear tire and got 2nd Beginner...felt a little squirrely he said :-)

Thanks to BMP in Salem , Watson Performance Suspension , Zip-Ty , Motosportz, Husqvarna NA

It gets lonely out front all by yourself....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    pvduke, Lonfish, MikeB and 5 others like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very nice, keep it up.

K
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Great read (sweatshirt). Tinken even got a shout there, now I feel like I know someone famous lol
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I have Andrew Delongs autograph and I haven't gotten any faster. Maybe I need a signed sweatshirt :)
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I gave Andrew money to go to Germany and it didnt make me faster either :-)
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    dang more old guys on the Husky gas. niiice!!!
    oregonsage likes this.
  7. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Had a great weekend , Nora and Omra did a great job on the event. I raced both days and think i did a little better on Sunday. I have a long ways to go but had an amazing time . I cant wait for the Monkey Butt. Oh and Mark was flying through the course.:thumbsup:
    Motosportz, oregonsage and Xcuvator like this.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Good on you Tim!
  9. Nelyon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZF600R, 1981 CB900F
    The dirt conditions were perfect for this event however the ambient temperature kept my finger tips numb for at least the first hour of the race. Like Oregonsage said I was in a pack of three for second place and we rode about a lap and a half that way until I got a little off course and fell behind a little more. On the last lap I missed a corner and saw another 50ex go by me, thats when I became determined not to finish last (or what I thought was last) so I wicked it up and caught this rider. We were pretty even on our pace and I finally found a place to get by him and that was on an uphill two track that had a rocky right lane, I had to take it to go around so I pinned it and got the pass. After the end of the race he pulls up beside me and said "man you blew by me on that uphill, what size is that?" It's a 310

I absolutely love this bike, now if I could just hone my skills to challenge Mark a little. The guy is remarkably fast

Thanks to Bill's Motorcycle Plus and Husqvarna NA!
    pvduke, Lonfish, Coffee and 2 others like this.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

I have no doubt that we will be seeing some 1-2 Husqvarna finishes in the 50 Expert class soon. Ive seen guys get bumped up who were already on the ragged edge in the Amateur class...this happened last year, and then there are the guys who just need the better competition to help them step up. You are obviously in the second group.
    jmetteer likes this.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is when you say its a 301 ....
    Mark pulled an uphill pass on Chuck's big bore KTM at Eddieville the week before.....those little X-Lite beasties fly.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Added some phone pictures in original post
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb