1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Oily clutch lever - 08 510 smr

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jeg11010, May 25, 2015.

1. jeg11010 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 SM510R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 YZ125
    For the past few weeks, I've been noticing black oil/ fluid dripping down my clutch lever. I usually keep the bike on a swingarm stand so that it is upright but one night I had it on the kickstand leaning left and the next morning there was a little puddle on the floor. I ordered a 9.5 mm Magura rebuild kit and did the rebuild a few days ago. It still seems to drip. I've been using mineral oil which is clear but what's on the lever is black. Any ideas?
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    It's probably a bad bore inside, with casting flaws, lets fluid come out past the seal. I did 2-3 seal kits, no help. I just keep mine topped off and wiped down.
  3. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Yep. You can buff the bore with 2000 grit paper, that will help, but won't stop it. Your two best courses of repair action are to buy a new master cylinder and have the old cylinder bore resleeved with stainless (for when the new cylinder fails), or send off your current master and wait for it to be resleeved.

Or do as several of us do, and keep a small bottle of fork oil in your tool kit for top-offs.