1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Ohlins itc shock question

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by smrmx14, Jan 2, 2020.

1. smrmx14 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr450
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots
    Does anybody know where this bushing goes. It was in the vintage husky kit and I have no clue where it goes. I know the kit you have to change a few things around due to the updated seal head.

Attached Files:

2. fe600racer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    That is the piston sealing ring for the piston in the main body....not the piston in reservoir that seals with an O ring....
  3. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    In the Ohlins vintage kit you should have also received the piston sealing ring strips for the reservoir piston (2)and the shock body piston (2). The ITC shock does not use this type of sealing ring you pictured. Ohlins includes several extra parts in the kit to fit several different vintage shocks. Once you get the shocks apart you will see what the piston sealing strips look like. Also the sealing strips may need to be cut down or made shorter to fit the pistons correctly.
    I hope this helps!
    Marty
  4. SteveJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1970 400 Cross, 1983 500 CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    84 Honda CR500R, 81 Honda CBX,
  5. smrmx14 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 wr450
    Other Motorcycles:
    lots
    Thanks guys. The kit I got was from Vintage husky
    I wasn't sure what the deal was . I know there is a bit difference because of the new seal head being taller. It just didn't seem to make sense.
  6. fe600racer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    Interesting manual. It says push the reservoir piston all the way down where I thought it should be 10 mm from bottom? Also the Allen key screw on elbow some bleed and fill through there. The manual should be the definitive approach but any comments?
  7. motomwo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many vintage big bore and automatics
    After you push the seal head back into position it will push the fluid and cause the reservoir piston back up.

Marty
  8. fe600racer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    husaberg
    Thanks Marty