Official Six-Nine Design Axle Block Slider Thread

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Ross Shafer, May 5, 2014.

1. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Okey Dokey cowpokey's, I'm now a real live sponsor to Cafe Husky and very glad to be so. Big thanks to Coffee for Cafe Husky and the awesome community resource it represents to all of us Husky nerds.

Six-Nine Design is a one man product development business located in Northern California, that I started in 1999 after selling the bicycle manufacturing business (Salsa Cycles) I owned and operated for 16 years. Six-Nine is not a production or manufacturing business, but I do have a decently outfitted machine/fabrication shop in my barn that allows me to do my own prototyping as well as make lots of cool stuff to use in my various hobbies and passions. If interested, You can learn more about Six-Nine here: www.six-ninedesign.com.

My passion for making things mixed with my passion for motorcycles means I tend to mod and make stuff for my own bike. Sometimes (as with these sliders) I come up with something others are looking for. In these rare cases, I've been known to do small production runs in my spare time and offer them for sale. Which brings us to this post.

The axle block sliders I make are based on an original concept of Harry Hoffman's that he developed for his SME line of products for Supermoto bikes. Sadly SME's cool products were discontinued before I could nab some for my own bike, so I designed my own and have made them available to other Husky owners. This is done with full recognition of the patent Harry has on this concept. Before making any, I spoke with him and offered a $10 per set royalty in exchange for his permission to make and sell them, which he kindly agreed to, so here they are! Thanks Harry!

This axle block slider set will fit most Husky 4 strokes from about 2001 to 2013. The Husky part numbers that these will substitute for are: 8000 96941 (left side) & 8000 96944 (right side). I can provide a drawing with all the pertinent dimensions if you're not able to compare part numbers for some reason. Please do your homework to make sure these fit your bike, I'd prefer to not have to look it up for you.

The axle blocks are available in Red, Silver and Black anodizing and the cost is $120 per set (shipping from California within the US is included). Shipping outside the country usually runs about $25 more, but will be quoted on a per order basis. Spare pucks are available for $20 pr if ordered with a full set of sliders. $26 if purchased separately (shipping within the US included). At this time I do not offer sets for the front although some customers have bought spare pucks and adapted them for use on the front.

Feel free to contact me via email, phone or PM if you have questions or would like to place an order. My email is: scoboniATcomcastDOTnet and my phone is seven 0 Seven 933 seven 4 seven 8.

Thanks loads to those of you that have already purchased these. I apologize for the long post.

Happy Riding!

[IMG]
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice, welcome aboard. :thumbsup:
  3. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    I installed mine on my 'Tarded TE630. They fit perfect and look great. Hope I never need them! Lol
  4. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
  5. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    [IMG]

Got them on, and had a chance to test them when I failed at doing a rolling burnout and locked the front at about 10mph. :) That is why they went on right? :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Centerline and Alberto like this.
  6. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Cool Bike Huskylove, glad the sliders did their job protecting it. Gimme a shout and come on by for a visit if you're ever on my side of the bay.
  7. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Down to my last 2 sets of black sliders, still have red and silver as well.
  8. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Good to hear you are selling a few my friend. Hope they all sell!
  9. Ryan T. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SMR 510
    Will these work on an 09 smr510?
  10. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Yes, thanks for your interest!
  11. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Just received a question from a fellow CH inmate on these. I pm'd him the answer, but thought I'd post it here as well for clarification. The axle block/sliders sets I'm selling do indeed come with a set of pucks installed. I also offer spare pucks.

Have a good day!
  12. vetxracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Honda CRF 450 R
    Hey Ross, glad your here!! These sliders look so good that I hope you make other goodies for the bike, whether I need them or not.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  13. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
  14. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Seeing lots of husky Tard pics with no rear sliders....I got 'em....you need 'em...c'mon down!
  15. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    SOMEONE BUY THESE> Mine have been to the track about 5 times and have yet to touch the ground, but had I highsided these will save some $$$.
  16. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f

Ha, I'm one of em! I hope to purchase a set soon!!
  17. sometimespush Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    570 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 supernonsense
    Now if those sliders had some way of locking the rear stand into them that would make em the ultimate action jacksons .
    Centerline likes this.
  18. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    sometimespush: A couple of people have asked for that...to me the whole idea of sliders integrated into the axle blocks (as opposed to through the hollow axle) is so one doesn't have to remove them from the axle before removing the rear wheel or adjusting the chain. If you lift with the sliders then you can't remove the rear wheel and chain adjustment is more difficult due to the bike's weight resting on them.

just my opinion of course....

La Flama Blanca, I look forward to your order.
    Centerline likes this.
  19. sometimespush Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    570 SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990 supernonsense
    Mine goes on the stand all the time though .. no kickstand see ,, axle stand or I have to lay it on the ground :D
    Centerline likes this.
  20. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    gotcha, depending you your rear stand's design, I may be able to turn a groove into the rollers to facilitate storing it on your stand more easily. Feel free to email me directly at: scoboniATcomcastDOTnet, I'll give ya my phone number and we can talk about your needs.

Oh yeah, I've got a big ugly orange 950sm that I love, love, love!! (almost as much as my Husky)....ain't that LC8 motor a wonderful thing?