1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC OEM brake pads and replacing the front rotor.

Discussion in '2st' started by BSBen, Jul 20, 2017.

1. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    Anyone know what the stock brake pads are on the front of the '15 TE300?

I like the OEM pads for the riding I do, but US$100 is completely insane. I suspect that I can get the exact same thing at like 1/3 the price if I just knew mfg/make/model.

Am I being naive?

Also, I'm asking because I had to replace the front rotor this week (bent by abuse). The installation instructions say to replace the pads at the same time since the break-in will take longer if I use the old pads. Is that the only issue? If so, I'm happy taking longer to break in such an expensive set of pads - especially since there's so much life left in the existing ones.

Any thoughts appreciated.
  2. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    Also, here's a nice pic from my recent trip to Colorado which was totally great. :)

[IMG]

And here's another one from the same trip which wasn't so great, but still better than a good day at the office:

[IMG]
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    they are Brembo pads.
    there are so many substitutes and replacements from cheap to not cheap, including various compounds. Sintered metal race pads are typically stock.
    Personally Ive used the OEM stock Brembos up front they last practically forever and work well for me (I try not to think cost too much with my bike its a race machine), for rear I used* the Red EBC carbon pads for zero squeal but a different feel that I like, plus its mostly dry here, these pads are great but Ive changed after 1 day of racing in the past. You need to find what you like and works for you, EBC, Braking, etc etc heck so many choices you need to research.

* for years Ive used red EBC Carbon X pads in the rear, but for 2017 KTM/Husky(Brembo) have introduced a new pad material that I really like and has no squeal, Im staying with OEM Brembo pads on this machine.
  4. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    I bought the Braking sintered pads for the very same reason(cost), but I'm bummed with how much they squeal:(
  5. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I've been buying Galfer because I had the squealing, too. Very happy, and they're just under $30.
    robertaccio and ptkatoomer like this.
  6. BSBen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Sherco 2.9
    I saw the Brembo label on the pads, but for whatever reason I assumed they were made by someone else and Brembo just slapped their name on them. I don't know where I got the notion and I could (should) have looked into it before posting.

At any rate, I got Galfer sintered pads. There's plenty of pad left on the Brembos, but I didn't want to risk an extended break-in period because I have a race on Sunday and no time to ride between now and then. OTOH, it looks like Sunday's going to be muddy AF, so maybe I'm better off with brakes that aren't super grippy...

Bah.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    note if wet and muddy don't use the EBC Reds. They will be down to metal in no time!
    BSBen likes this.
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    At risk of creating a shitstorm I just use cheap chinga ebay sintered pads. 3 fronts & 3 rears for $55AU delivered. Seem to last well, don't chew up disc & give good feel/power. Buggered if I'm paying $40-$50 for a set of pads. I've had pro X & goldfren pads wear to metal on a single muddy ride!
    johnnyboy likes this.