Now shipping - CCM 450

Discussion in '610/630' started by JonDirt, Mar 2, 2015.

1. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    The CCM 450 has started rolling out. I hope this bike does really well. Its the closest thing to a TE610 out there at the moment - a bit pricey, but they appear to be listening to their customers and many of the extras needed for adventuring can be factory ordered, e.g. low/high seat option, hard/soft luggage option, front light option, and a cush drive option is in the works... See the brochure | order form. Here's a new owner's first vid, just posted:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6znYYcAwY
    Tinken likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    funny how many 449 parts are on that bike. The motor is closer to the BMW version with cable clutch but same basic motor, Goofy big TE449 muffler, TE449 rear lic plate holder, tail light. Hope they were able to pick transmission ratios as the 449/511 is to closely spaced to work in this application correctly.

- Thats a real good way to ruin a nice helmet

- The bike sounds exactly like a TE511.
  3. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC

I believe in following the ADVrider discussion they put the BMW 5 Speed back in
    Tinken likes this.
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Strange to see anything smaller than a 650 on an "Adventure" bike. Everyone seems to be leaning towards twin 1100 or bigger.

I didn't get the helmet reference??
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seen many a nice helmet ruined from a fall from atop the bars or seat onto the pavement.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Yea. I came out of the grocery store to find my helmet pretty much where I left it the other day. Only problem was the left half looked like it was sprayed with some kind of oil. The guy in the car parked next to me was eyeballing me pretty hard when I walked up to my bike. I can only guess someone f*cked with it on the bike, or knocked it off the bike, with a car door or something, and into the oil puddle on the parking lot.

I usually carry my helmet with me, but in my neighborhood, at the grocery store, I tend to break that rule. I guess there's haters everywhere.
  7. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    The switch gear looks like it came off my TR650.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

And computer.
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    is there a US distributor?
  10. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    It looks like his helmet was held in place by his mirror. I was waiting for it to fall when he started it up, bit you could see the mirror arm stopped it.
  11. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    008.JPG posted this before,nearly the same thing,not as finished as the ccm,yes Kelly the gearing not quite right,20litre tank
    Tinken and troy deck like this.
  12. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Hehe, CCM should sponsor Simon Pavey for the 2016 Dakar, he liked the 449, is based nearby, and completed on a CCM in the '99 Dakar.

From what I can gather, the CCM 450 is using the BMW G450X gearing:
    1st 2.46:1, 2nd 1.71:1, 3rd 1.35:1, 4th 1.04:1, 5th 0.88:1, spread 2.80.

My 610 is:
    1st 2.62:1, 2nd 1.81:1, 3rd 1.35:1, 4th 1.09:1, 5th 0.92:1, 6th 0.77:1, spread: 3.4.

For comparison, the FE570 has a spread of 3.18, 690 Enduro has a spread of 2.8 - So the CCM is not exactly a wide ratio, though its a bit wider than the TE449 (2.49).

minkyhead has been posting videos of the CCM on his advrider thread:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0eaCb0HQTA&list=UUiFa0OnBL8SmmRWAlinzmUQ
  13. JonDirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610 2008
    Just announced: A WR Gearbox for the CCM with a 3.67 spread is being offered by Rally Raid.
    Tinken likes this.
  14. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC

Just saw that, it's interesting they chose to widen the lower gears instead of the top. One would think a closer set of low gears would be better for off road work while taller more stretched out 4-5th can be used for cruising where getting maximum drive is less important.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I love the BMW transmission because it yields the best of both worlds. 1st and 5th sit low and higher, while 2nd, 3rd and 4th are spaced the same as Husqvarna's close ratio. I will have to look into the newer transmission that is offered.