NO SUPERMOTO'S OS NUDA FOR THE USA !!!

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by Degg, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

I just heard we will not be able to get supermoto's or the Nuda here in the states:mad:. WTF!! The supermoto is one of our best selling bikes, people love them and I am sure the Nuda would be wildly popular. With the dirt market a little soft, it would be great to have the SM and Nuda in the arsenal, but noooo!
    Does anyone else feel the same way? Or am I alone on this? I think we should start a movement and let the powers that be know how we feel about that. I think we need these bikes to attract people to the Husqvarna marque.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Must be an EPA or some reason. I heard this was going to be the case but does not make a lot of sense to me unless it is a legal reason.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What reasons were given?
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Just another clue they do not understand the US market? You won't be selling as many Huskies in the CA if the TCs and TXCs are red stickered (which very well may be a CARB related strategy). George thought the SM market was about done growing. Hopefully there's a 650 DS bike coming. I don't think the DOHC engine lends itself to simplicity and longevity.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Dealer meeting is next week and I bet we will have better information after that. Time will tell.
  6. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    why in the hell is a modern 4 stroke a friggin red sticker? it makes no sense...

The Nuda is probably delayed for testing, certification, epa stuff, etc. Why SMs that have been shipping before wouldn't be available next year makes no sense at all.
  7. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All the MFG's are running scared from CARB and EPA not one of them has the Balls to get themselves organized and truley put up a serious fight.
    On the RED sticker issue just easier for Husky to do it that way, won't have to homoligate, send extra muffler, power-up parts.
    Also was said now can get better mag test because bike will be tested as they come ready to go.
    Must think we've all fallen off the same Turnip truck.
    Later George
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There was a court case in Europe last year when a Jap make took an Italian bike maker to court stating that the Italian make had advertised their bikes´ performance WITH the p/u kit so that they were no longer street legal (did not conform to E3). They wanted the Italian bikes to lose their street legal certification. Don´t think there are many performance bikes on the market that would sell and also conform to E3. The European Union has proposed that ALL bikes sold here should be manufactured so that absolutely nothing can be tampered with, guaranteeing that fitting any p/u accessory would not be possible. This would mean the end of biking as we know it.
    So get hold of the bike you want to keep right now and make sure that it´s properly registered. Then hold on to it. They can´t take it away. You can then do what you want with it as you have the right of prior ownership.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That's a funny statement. I'd truly like to see anyone, anywhere, manufacture anything that "absolutely" can't be tampered with. To a true backyard mechanic or engineer, words like that are equivalent to throwing raw steak into a pit full of hungry lions. I'd love to have a bike that's "tamper proof" just so I could prove how stupid it is for a government to think it was possible to legislate something so absurd. I've owned diesel cars with bootleg performance maps re-burned onto the OEM eproms... with switches that toggled between OEM maps (for inspections and warranty work) and bootleg maps. NOTHING is "absolutely" tamper proof to the perpetually curious.
    typeone, WHITEROCKET5.9 and J.R. like this.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds like more bureaucracy and business decisions .... Too bad on the SM machines as they have been sold here before ....
  11. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Frustrating.. :(

Guess Ill just have to build my own 449 when I can afford one!! Maybe Ill start building smr449's for the states?! I'll build them like a real supermoto should be. Slipper clutch, 17x5" rear wheel, optional 16.5x3.5" front, upgraded brakes, etc.. Hmmm, another business venture. :thinking: Kind of a dream, but in all seriousness, If anyone is interested let me know! I'd be glad to throw on the title of bike builder for a week and put one together for those who don't have the means to do it themselves. I should have a new local Husky dealer soon so I can pick one up there and build it!
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No good moaning about it.The enemy is in our midst. It´s people like us who curtail individual freedom of gun ownership, smoking or riding individualistic bikes and so much else that once made life bearable. Mandatory ABS, emission control and so much more will definitely make bikes as bland and uninteresting as a zimmer frame. And there´s not much we can do about it except to hang on to what we´ve got until they rip it out of our dying grip.
  13. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    I agree motards are 20% of our sales,we already built a SM511 for this year and looks like we wil be building SM449s and Sm511s for 2012,As for the Nudda im not counting it out yet Im thinking its coming just not too soon.I will see friday at the dealer show.
    J.R. likes this.
  14. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Done growing my ass. Jyst bought a 449 and the dirt wheels came right off. Snd onto a wr300
  15. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    Looks like there may be a shift in the market regarding SM's. Suzuki's DR-Z SM is no longer listed as a 2012, KTM has removed all their SM based bikes except for one, and the 250's from the other Japanese makes no longer seem for sale (Kawi's 250 is listed as a 2010, and Yami's 250 isn't listed amongst the 2012's). Perhaps the demand for SM's has diminished to the point they no longer see a need to market/develop more? Couple that with the above mentioned EPA/CARB rules = too many hoops to jump through? Plus, the AMA messing up the Supermoto series (with limited races, poor organization, minimal promotion) means not even a race series to spur continued SM sales? As an SM owner, I am disappointed. I imagine having an SM in the future may mean getting a dirt bike, putting on a lighting kit, getting SM wheels, and then trusting your local state's DOT regs to be lenient enough to plate the bike for street use. At least here in Wyoming, the DOT rules pretty much let us put plates on anything with wheels on it :)
  16. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    What?? :D
  17. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    dam you yankkiieess brac was down hear the auther day maybe i could av had a yana whith him n told him how good this sm 900 is guna be have you seen the muffler on that thing when i get mine in feb:banana: ill be takein that big bazoka straight of and fitting up a nice ofencive ilegal system ive got a great idear move to australia get a job in the coal indastry over payed under worked and you can buy any bike in the husky range because we get every bike that thay make and we have a shortiage of skilled ladour so get on down to husky heaven i think god:oldman: rides huskys because this is gods:notworthy: country and we hav got heaps of husqvarnas cheers CHEKO:cheers:
  18. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

Rumor has it, NUDA is coming:banana:
  19. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    And a carbon tax