No spark SM610 2006

Discussion in '610/630' started by HuskyLars, Dec 3, 2015.

1. HuskyLars Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bunch of VINTAGE Japanese bikes
    I recently bought this thinking it would be an easy project bike. Owner said that simple parts to be put back and it should fire up. Well all parts were put together and will not start. The starter turns and turns dashes light up. pull the plug with tank off and and ground it to check spark and nothing...I have checked the trigger coil and it appears to check out with 120 ohms. I am left to assume that it is the ignitor box. Call Dan from Motoxotica and they dont have/make them anymore. Have I hit a dead end? Anybody out there in the Northern California area where I can at least test my supposed dead ignitor?
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Spark plug shorted?

Kill switch shorting?

Coil wires tight?

Plug cap on tight?
  3. HuskyLars Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:

I did discover that the spark plug wire had separated from the cap but I replaced that with an NGK cap and different coil wire.

I checked the kill switch to the manual and it appears fine, although it does work differently than the Japanese bikes ive worked on.
    To me the kill switch appears to be directly wired to the starter switch. if the kills switch is on then no starter spinning.
  4. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Triumph Street Triple & HD XL883
    Not sure, but maybe ignition module?
  5. HuskyLars Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Turns out it was the ignition module and the po wired the trigger coil incorrectly. combination of things made it very hard to deduce. Who knew the polarity of the trigger wires was important? Maybe good info for people who are replacing their trigger coils with aftermarket ones and not getting spark.
  6. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Any chances a pic of the part you are talking about and the incorrect wiring? It would be helpful for people on here.