Nice

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Chillybean, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
  2. Chillybean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310, SM630, 72 WR 250. 89 WR 250
  3. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Yes, nice blog.
    I've read this
    and I don't agree much. I use my SM 610 only on tracks and I don't even have a slippery clutch. Nevertheless, here in Italy the average amateur track motarder has a proper 450 racing bike with at least the slippery clutch and, if he/she races, a mechanical launch control like this:
    [IMG].
    According to some rumors, in the Supermoto World Championship there have been people who have used TC and I know a chap who races in an amateur championship and has it.
    Personally I don't like the idea and I think that it doesn't make sense to allow riders to use such devices in a World Championship. As far as I've understood, in MotoGp they have a GPS system which adjusts the engine brake specifically for every corner! In order to say that a certain rider is the best in the World, they shouldn't allow that, IMHO.
    On the other hand, there are people who want to have fun on the road, where, I think, safety comes first, because it's already too dangerous without aids. While using cars in wet conditions, some times I lost the control and the ESP and the ABS prevented accidents. I also think that driving a car with TC is not so bad. So, if someone prefers to use those devices, even on tracks, what's the problem?
    Anyway, here is a demonstration of TC on supermoto; at least, it seems to work well, to me: