New ZipTy Upgrade For 4CS Forks!

Discussion in 'Zip Ty Racing' started by Huskynoobee, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    No this isn't a re-valve service. That's been covered, and no matter which direction you went, or plan to go, (even though the ZipTy method is far less expensive and as good or better than others) there's another big problem with the 4CS design that Ty has a solution for.

Harsh bottoming at the last part of the stroke.:thumbsdown:

Did you know that repeated metal to metal bottoming can eventually cause the lower chamber to literally detach itself from the top? Recently Ty had a customer bike that had a 4CS fork lower literally FALL OFF when they started removing the forks!

The only solution thus far was to install elastomers in the upper chamber to cushion the blow, but as always, Ty thought there had to be a better way. He has found it and initial testing has been very good. I've seen this upgrade and all I can say is WOW, why didn't anybody else figure this out?

It's that good.

Stay tuned for more! That's all I can share for now...
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    next level for me
    racemx904 likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I had all ready consulted with my RaceTech connection and he even sent me a price quote, I have been reading all the work and R&D Race Tech has been doing with their 4CS conversion mods. Their dual Comp (HS & LS) stack set up looks great by the way.
    But, last week one of our crew consulted with Ty about some of our other biz with him and Ty told him when we come up bring up our ZipTy modded stuff because he has some major new upgrades to raise the bar even further. So it looks like we will continue to utilize Ty's set up (which we both have) and during fork service (which I really need) get more enhancements added.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    You're gonna love it Robert.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, Here it is! The ZipTy 4CS hydraulic bottoming system kit. This is the best solution Ty has found to stop the harsh metal to metal bottom out problem with the forks. This will be available as a kit if you want to install it yourself, or you can send in your forks and Ty can install them for you. 20160603_094333.jpg
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rather than using the plastic spring guide that screws into the rod with a metal insert that will eventually mushroom and detach itself over repeated impact, Ty designed this innovative all billet hydraulic stop that also retains the spring guide function. 20160603_094207.jpg
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    The piston assembly, with a replaceable ring drops into a precision machined sleeve and as the fork approaches the bottom of the stroke, oil slows and stops the action before metal to metal contact can occur. This image shows how the assembly goes together. 2016-06-03 18.13.08.jpg
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZipTy Racing tested and approved! The bottoming system has been raced and improved during several races and weeks of practice and is ready for you. The kit is $130 and will be ready to ship in the next couple of weeks for you DIY guys n gals, or Ty can add them during your ZipTy 4CS modification and valving service, or during a routine maintenance service. These are not on the website, so call the shop and get yours now.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thought I would share a customer email in regards to performing a DIY Install of the Bottoming Kit and Ty's response for those of you wondering about it. I wonder what forum he was on?:rolleyes:

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:32 AM
    To: Ty@ziptyracing.com
    Subject: ZipTy 4CS hydraulic bottoming system kit

Hi, I was reading in a forum about ZipTy's "4CS hydraulic bottoming system kit" but couldn't find information about it on your website. My understanding is that it alleviates harsh bottoming - sounds like something I would benefit from!

I have a 2016 KTM 350 XCF - is this kit compatible with my 4CS forks? How much does it cost? Does the kit include instructions for a DIY-install?

Thanks,

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 12:58 PM, Ty Davis <ty@ziptyracing.com> wrote:
    Yes it’s a do it yourself project. We are waiting for a piece to get back from Anodizing and they will be ready to ship. They cost $130. They will really help the bottoming.
    Ty