1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New To Me Te250 2010 Low Hrs Questions

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Cyclic, Oct 22, 2017.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine is set to idle at 2200 rpms as well. That is fine.

My fan never came on even stuck in deep mud in the summer. I took it off and put it in a box.
    OTOH the fan on my 2012 310 comes on frequently.

Keep testing.

Yes, change that temp sensor if you have no done so already.

Note the coolant temp reading appears on I-beat.
  2. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Okay so great update.

She is running good, my fan does come on at 97 C according to iBeat, brings temp down reasonably fast. I checked and reconnected all cables to the fan and it now comes on. My bog is pretty much gone, so for my bike that is these settings;

102.3 TPS (972 MV)
    2000-2100 rpm at idle ( air idle screw backed out was previously cranked in 3 rotations)
    CO #'s 108, 102, 101

I rode it slow in my yard performing similar throttle spikes like logs and roots to wheelie over. During these iBeat sessions I also added a 12 T front sprocket and a Mid West clutch lever , all contribute to it working better i am sure, I now have a nice machine with only 17 hrs on her. Thanks for all your help on here, you guys definitely made me consider other potential areas to look at!
    R_Little and bax3 like this.
  3. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250

I never had a problem of restarting it when it was hot, always started fine and quickly, just bogged when it got hot.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    whaaaaaaa?

:excuseme:

hmmmm, okay.... how did you solve your re-start problem? the pump? the vent maybe? I'm looking for answers for future readers.
  5. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    That was for the fuel pump which I fixed a while ago,my first issue.... I installed a new fuel pump and filter and documented that in the thread I thought, not well enough apparently haha. So yes that was my problem. :)
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good deal!

Told you you would sort it out.

Just ride it and it will loosen up.

Maybe I should put my fan back on!?
  7. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Maybe, Fan is super quiet I had to sit and wait for it to come on, looked over at iBeat and it read 97C on water temp
  8. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Well , I thought i got rid of it but when I get into my riding area, it starts to bog again (not as bad though)on the lower speed stuff.

Back to the iBeat. I got home tried a bunch of different settings, tried going 100.4 on TPS but it bogged bad, went to 103.5 it still bogged, went back to 102.3 and tried a 102 105 100 and oddly that seemed to work well but in the garage idling not riding.However i can get it to bog or cough with low throttle input. I even tired a CO1 of 115 and it didn't seem to make a change, however adjusting CO2 richer does....So hae to ride it gain tomorrow to see. Here is todays video. I could ride my old CRF250L faster in here which is sad.

View: https://youtu.be/84qRmJwDt1A
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    just for grins, spend $20 on a new CTS. you might be pleasantly surprised.

...and if not- save the old one on a shelf, because they do fail.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It appears that it was barely running and would not take throttle after you kickstarted it at the beginning of the video.
    if that is the case, something is wrong more than the CO adjustment.

As trench suggested, get a new CTS and if it only happens in the wet then check the electrical connections and maybe even swap the coil with your buddy's bike.

BTW, the idle still sounds a little low to me.

Does it back fire at all?
  11. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    No backfire, I had just stopped before I kickstarted it so it was up to temperature. I ordered a CTS
  12. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    hey those single track trails are weird... how do they get so sunken? I understand it's damn close to being a rainforest in your area.

also, that downhill you drop in to looks frikken steep. usually on video you get the opposite effect. Is it as steep as it seems? (25-30°?)

hope the coolant temperature sensor works for you.
  13. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I wish I was with you.

Does you buddy have the same bike?
  14. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Yes he rides same bike , same year too, same bog ha.
    That riding area is called Mcnutt and is blue or black diamond and some red trails even. Ya it can be gnarly but I stay off the real technical stuff. Over a 100 kms of trails in there, we usually do a 20km loop. 30 minutes from my house, then we have Chilliwack which we have two mountains full of dirt bike single track to ride on , one hour away. Tons of dirt bike trails systems we don’t have to share with anyone.
  15. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Same bog? That is interesting.

Not to make you feel worse but mine runs perfect and I have 4k miles on mine, mostly tight rocky boney single track. My E-line skid plate is hammered, but the rest of the bike is holding up fine. Motor is a little noisier than new but revs free and rarely stalls. I like it more than my 2012 TXC310.

How far are you from Vancouver?
    I did a project in Kitimat BC.

I wish I was there with my TE250. I'd figure out what was up with the bog.

Maybe try turning up your idle to like 2300rpm.
    Teambowles likes this.
  16. Cyclic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    I am only about 30 minutes from Vancouver, Kitimat is beautiful, Terrace is near there too and has tons of riding.

I did turn up the idle it is around 2200, I don't want to lean it out anymore which is essentially what that screw does. My friend just ordered the ECU for the TXC310, I wonder if it will fix his issue.
  17. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    I'm his buddy, also with the 2010 TE250, with the same bog problem. Oddly, the bogging is worse after riding through a bunch of puddles. I've sealed the wires going into my coil with silicone, and put dielectric grease on every electrical connection I can find and still have the problem. CTS was replaced last year trying to troubleshoot the problem, but didn't change anything. I have the 12 hole injector - no improvement. I've reset TPS, adjusted CO values, have a JD tuner, tried multiple combinations. Nothing 'fixes' it. Through the summer, when it's drier out, the bike runs better, but still has a slight bog (but not always) at low RPM, so I ride with one finger on the clutch ALL the time, just to be ready. This is me not being ready with the clutch just before a bridge, and it bogs, then picks up and launches the bike off the bridge and I land chest first on the bridge (luckily no injuries, not even bruised or sore after this one). Best footage starts around 1:06, from my friend riding behind me:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfd1NBHVa5k&t=73s&ab_channel=RickGreen

We get a LOT of rain around here, the 'sunken' trails are mostly the water run off digging its way through (erosion) the dirt on the trail. In some places the original ground is above your shoulders - although at that point, we usually close that section of trail and re-route it. Some of those trails are fairly steep - as you say, usually on video things look much 'flatter' than in real life.

All the trails in that video would be all classed as beginner to intermediate trails at McNutt... There are some seriously challenging trails up here, many of them I haven't even tried yet.

Here's a video, with my 'bogging' at the beginning, then some fun riding:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqQy99sq8fk&t=284s&ab_channel=RickGreen
  18. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    well, I do not know the Mikuni throttle body, but typically you are not "sneaking" air by the ECU- it'll register more air going in and move to another area of the map (usually adding more fuel).

typically, a higher idle needs more fuel. (not always- as in the case that it's already too rich)

and if it does lean out, it might help- 'cause the bike does seem kinda rich anyway. OTOH, 2200rpm's is plenty.
  19. DJ Easterby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just the one for now
    I should meet up with you guys out there (cyclic and rgmr250) with my Te310 it would be a Husky-fest.
  20. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Ouch on the fall glad you weren't hurt sometimes those slow speed digs hurt the worse. The spin move off the bridge was nice. That random branch was creepy lol. That would suck having that bog in the back of your mind when riding