1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC New to Me 2020 Husky FE 501S

Discussion in '4st' started by M-Coupe99, Oct 22, 2020.

1. M-Coupe99 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 FE 501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW S1000RR
    Bought my fourth Husqvarna in early August of 2020, found a lightly used 2020 FE 501S with only 320 miles. My prior Husky was a 2009 TXC 250 (300 cc big bore kit) that I sold near the end of July when the market was hot (previously to that I owned a TR 650 Terra and TE 630). Mods to the FE 501S include getting rid of the OEM extended plate holder (used existing fender and tail lights / turn signals), replaced the OEM mirrors with the Double-Take Enduro model.

Recently got the bike back from a local performance shop (2 Wheel Dynoworks) today. Had them first do a baseline run with the stock intake, exhaust, and fueling; baseline wheel horsepower (WHP) was 37.07 with the power & torque curves being pretty rough. They then installed the Pro Moto Billet / Fastaway exhaust end cap, partially drilled out the noise baffle in the exhaust can, and adjusted the fueling with a Power Commander V (PCV); WHP increased to 45.14 with much smoother power & torque curves. They then removed the reed block in the intake and re-adjusted the fueling with the PCV; WHP increased to 55.25. All dyno runs with the stock TKC 80 rear tire. Initial riding impressions including smoother take-offs from a stop, more consistent low speed throttle control & feel, and much improved mid and upper range power. Exhaust sound is louder, but not as loud as an aftermarket exhaust can. IMG_20201018_165856639.jpg
  2. woodsrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '16 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    '18 Alta MXR
    Wow! Those are amazing power gains, nice work. Makes me wonder what's waiting inside my stock '16 FE350. -Ed
    M-Coupe99 likes this.
  3. M-Coupe99 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 FE 501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW S1000RR
    Recently installed some more off-road specific tires, went with the Dunlop Geomax EN91 Enduro. Tested them out trail riding over wet roots, rocks, and mud and they gripped a lot better than the OEM Continental TKC 80s. Makes the 501 even more fun to ride with the type of tires it should have been equipped.

Attached Files:

Huskynoobee and woodsrider like this.