1. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Vee Rubber 300r GNCC Tackee, trials compound on a MX tire super sticky just short lived.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Nice tire: https://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/vrm-300-gncc-tackee-off-road-rear-tire-by-vee-rubber.html
    Not really a practice tire for me, maybe a race tire. All the tires I'm using and considering now are @ $70, @ $80 for Pirelli XC if necessary.
    Planning to race this beast as soon as I get the suspension sorted, then I may spring for $90 or $100 tire if I have to.
    btw, VE33 is the 5th most popular tire at RM ATV/MC. I just emailed them asking if the tires are fresh, we'll see.
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    theres a shop here that stocks those i'v seen one on a bike at the races but i'v seen guyS walk out of that shop with a four pack of them:excuseme:
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    So you tried a VE33 and didn't like it?
  5. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow that price is high for a Vee. I also ran the 140 but in the roots and rocks I like the tackee much better. You can also get them as a non tackee tire.
    What I don't understand is why you would practice on one brand of tire and race on another, I want the feedback from what's under the bike air pressure etc.
    These are great tires but that price is to high.
    On the front a Bridgstone M59 is my favorite.
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    not cheap that for sure
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Different strokes, I guess. I've always used something more economical and durable for practice and play. Besides, may have to swap tires on race day anyway depending on the location and weather.
    M59 is a great tire, was on the top of my list to try on the wr300. Maxxis EN is 90/90 and $10 cheaper ;) works great too.

:cheers:
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I too change tires depending on the track we will be running. I am a fan of a trials tire and always have on in the hauler.
    Not everyone cares for the trials tire but it suits me. Have done Dunlop and Pirelli but settled on Vee Rubbers' trials as it has a extra ply in its sidewall.
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I know trials tires are popular, but I tried one and didn't like for around here. It packed up in the deep woods, slipped and spun out in the boggy mud holes that are common here and rolled over on the fast fireroads. I imagine they're great in the drier, slow, technical and rocky stuff though.
    I ride and practice at home on a couple new, single tracks on my property and have access to endless trails in the Nat. Forest. Fav trail heads are over 7 miles from my house, so @ 15 mi. round trip of this

fireroad-1-e.jpg
    @ 1000' elevation gain going in, 3rd and 4th mostly, 5th in a few spots :thumbsup: then lots of 5th gear coming down :banana:

All that to get to one of these

trailhead-1-e.jpg

Like this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wulA6xyVSYY

But with lots of this too

deepwoods-1.jpg

I know I'm asking a lot from my tires, but like I said Metz MC5 front and MC4 rear work well on the XR and hoping to find a similar deal for the WR300.

10. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Got a reply from both Chaparral and RM re: VE33

Manufacturer dates can not be guarantied as we ship from multiple warehouses, and we hold stock on shelves for the length suggested by the manufacturer of the tires. The only way to choose your date code would be to select it off our warehouse's show room floor located at: 555 South H Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410.
    Each manufacturer has there own suggested shelf life, and a warranty that covers them to that date. Most tires have a minimum shelf life of 7 years. We strictly adhere to the shelf life dates per that tires manufacturer's specifications and all tires are inspected before shipping.
    If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

Thank you,
    Jay

Chaparral Motorsports
    555 South H Street
    San Bernardino, CA 92410

Thank you for your email. This is a very common tire we sell, and we rotate through our stock quickly. I had our technician look at these and the date codes were 4514, which is the 45th week of 2014. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!
    Valerie| Customer Service Representative - Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
    Rocky Mountain ATV/MC - Toll Free: 1.800.336.5437 Fax: 1.801.465.3457
    Address - 1551 American Way, Payson, UT 84651
    Websites - www.rockymountainatvmc.com

Gonna' try one and see.

11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    so who's got Kenda K787s?
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  13. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got a GNCC 140 for Southwick on the 19th. IMG_20150407_173223867.jpg
  14. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Which size and is that for your wr125? Can we see it mounted too?
  15. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    110/90-19 as this one will go on the KTM until I get a 18 like I use on the Husky. I used a 120/90-18 on the Husky last time I ran the 140 series.
    On the sandy MX type tracks I run these then switch to the 300 for woods work.
    Its still a tackee for the enduro cross section they set up. These last longer than the 300.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Been running the IRC VE33 (18") and VE35 for about 5 yrs now... The front seems ok to me but has sidewall flex (?) at the lower air pressure ... The VE33 is about the only tire I see here that has a reasonable price at ~$70 and will hook up... Most of the other big-name brand tires here are well over $100 and maybe $140 ... Some of these higher priced tires probably last a little longer (harder rubber?) and maybe perform a little better at different times\places on track\trails, maybe, but for the yr long riding I do here, the IRC is AOK...

Most dirt here is clayey and can go from super tacky traction to hard-packed on the same day ... That IRC is ~soft rubber and can do both... maybe not the best at either, but performs as well or beyond my riding skills. I'll use a knife and do a little cutting on the rubber as the tire wears out just to help a little... And the tire does wear out to little quick as compared to a harder rubber tire but the rider has a lot to say on burning a tire up... I'm responsible with my tires since I lay out the cash for them.

I've got some other cheaper tire ($45) that I use from time to time as a practice tire also and go to the IRC if I'm positive I need good traction for whatever reason on any day here. Eating comes before riding and rubber does not sit well on my plate so again, I'm forced into being responsible.

--

Clicked one of the links above and found all this for a sales pitch ... Every word might be true but I'll believe those words when I ride the tire over wet rocks and roots. A knobby is the best tire for a dirt bike in raw dirt and mud but has a very narrow scope. Lots of tires in world can beat a knobby in wet rocks\roots from my riding experiences. It's no wonder these guys are comparing their knobby back to a trials tire.
      • Amazing traction on wet rocks and roots
      • Versatile – performs well on rocks, roots, hard pack, or intermediate terrain
      • Tackee = tacky/sticky trials compound
      • Delivers the comfort and traction of a trials tire with the stability of a knobby
    --

Want rear tire traction? Learn how to ride your bike with proper technique... anything else might be a universal band-aid we all use.
    NCSteve and DTX915 like this.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Thanks ray-ray. I ordered one up from RM, with 10% coupon it's only $66! for 5.10-18. Supposed to weigh @ 12lbs from the info I can find.
    Was planning on a Tubliss for the rear, but I'm way over budget already so have to wait. In the meantime I've been running Bridgestone standard weight tubes for about 2 years on XRs and now the Husky. They weigh about the same as cheap HD tubes, @ 1.5lbs for 120mm rear IIRC, very high quality, no flats, pinches or other prob's at all.

more later
  18. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK here you go the new is the 140 and the used is the 300 and they are 110/90.

Attached Files:

19. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Thanks, the 140 has similar tread pattern to Metz MC4.

After about 20 pretty hard hours on the MC5 I'm replacing it with the VE33.

mc5-3-20hrs.jpg
    I guess it's 70% tread in the center, no noticeable loss of traction, rocks chewed it up but no chunking or tearing, works great everywhere except fast flat turns where it tends to get sideways. Keeping it for a spare. Looking forward to ride on the IRC this weekend.

20. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    im liking the looks of that ve33...kinda looks like the irc version of the unicross or the pirelli mt16.
    NCSteve likes this.