New SM650 owner

Discussion in '610/630' started by FrancoisV, Apr 11, 2021.

1. FrancoisV Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki XF650 custom scrambler
    Hi guys!

I've bought a 11' SM630 a few weeks ago and the only thing i regret is that i didn't buy it a few years ago: what a great machine! It only had 4400 on the speedo, and today it's on 5300 so it's still as good as new.

When i bought it, it looked pretty standard, except from some decal removals and different turn signals. (see picture, that's what i looked like when i picked it up)

I already changed the fork guards from white to black (and have i question about that) and replaced the right tank side panel, since it was a bit scratched. I also got rid of the non-original hand guards and only left the black brackets. It now looks super clean in my opinion.

The previous owner got the PU kit and also installed a single FF by Fresco exhaust (see pic) but it was still on the original double exhaust settings so i got tuned last week and it runs perfectly now! At the same time a fresh set of Michelin Pilot Power was installed so i'm good to go for this summer (:

The only thing left for me to change is the original exhaust cover, so i just order the 2-piece LeoVince carbon heat cover and can't wait to install it!

I do have a few questions since Husky is new to me (i also own a 99' Suzuki XF650 which i completly converted to a scrambler) and was hoping you guys can help me out:

- Since i only order the fork guards and not the plate this is still white. Does anyone know if part 80A0A0633 is black, since this is for the TE?

- The green neutral sign is often flashing or is delayed for 1 of 2 seconds when i put it in neutral. Can someone tell me where to look for (speed of gearbox?)

- The bike doesn't go in neutral very easy. 9 out of 10 times it goes from 2 directly into 1, skipping the neutral. I shift back when i almost stand still. Is this normal for the bike or am i doing something wrong?

- I was cleaning the bike today and saw some minor oil leaking from the big oil drain. I guess it's the gasket but i can't find part numbers anywhere. Can someone help me out with that?

Since i'm new to Husky and being on a community like this i hope this is the right way of introducing myself. If not, please let me know!

Francois from The Netherlands

Attached Files:

2. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    where did you order the carbon exhaust covers from? I have been searching for some for years now. I want to get rid of the ugly metal ones.
  3. FrancoisV Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just send an email to Peter @ info@fp-engineering.eu He can help you out with all sort of carbon Husky parts. My set of one small and one big cover from LeoVince was €250, keep that in mind (:
  4. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    Congrats to the new bike!

-The black colored plate is 80A0A0633 indeed (the white is 80C0A0633).
    -The flashing neutral sign is usually indicating a fault in the ECU. So I would advise to hook it up to IBEAT and check it out.
    -Finding the neutral is sometimes tricky on this bike. I always put it in neutral while still rolling to stop. Or you will have to fiddle with the clutch or try to put it in neutral from 2nd gear.
    -The bigger oil drain washer is 22 mm inner diameter, 29 outer diameter and 1mm in thickness. (part number: 62N015682) The other is 14 mm I believe. (62N015678) I'm pretty sure you can buy those in any auto parts shop.
  5. Sjiefke Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510 SMR '10
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R '07
    Hello Francois from the Netherlands,

For part numbers I always use Italhusky (NL); https://shop.italhusky.com/en/products/2011/sm-te-630
    For the actual ordering of parts I can recommend SMX racing in Kaatsheuvel. He knows a lot about Supermoto's and Husqy's in particular; https://www.smxracing.nl/

For more expensive parts I always check if they are cheaper if I buy them from its SWM clone. You can find part numbers and price indications here: https://evolutionbike.it/swmstore/oem-parts/rs-sm-650r.html
    If the part number is the same as the Husqvarna's, the part itself is also the same.
    For SWM parts I have used Femon Parts (SWM distributor in NL); https://www.swm-motoren.nl/pages/onderdelen.php

Regarding the neutral light; Depending on your location (I'm near Maastricht) you are welcome to use my Ibeat cable. You could also remove your gear position indicator (#13) and check that everything is clean and moving smoothly incl. the spring (#10) and pin (#11): https://shop.italhusky.com/en/products/2011/sm-te-630/gear-shift-80

Regarding the leaking plug; also inspect the engine casing. I have heard that the plug is conical and when you tighten the plug without the washer it can crack the casing. Either way I would advise you find a workshop manual and use a torque wrench when working on engine parts.

Groeten en succes!

Ronald from the Netherlands ;)
  6. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    For the washers, it's easy to buy a mixed box of copper washers off ebay.

If you want a pdf shop manual, I can email it to you.
  7. FrancoisV Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx you so much Caboose, all the information is very helpful! The neutral sign isn't flashing on a regular basis, sometimes it stays on when i put the bike in neutral, sometimes it flashes and sometimes it turn on after a 2 or 3 seconds. I will get it checked out asap but is it harmful to use the bike for now?
  8. FrancoisV Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    He Ronald, thanx for your input! I already ordered some stuff from Italhusky but i will keep SMX in mind :)

I live in Breda so Maastricht isn't very close but if the flashing doesn't cause any real harm on short notice maybe i can combine a nice tour through sloping Limburg and visit you.

I will check out the casing asap. Is far as i know the previous owner was skilled and experienced with bike maintanance so i'm hoping it's just the washer/gasket.

Thanx so much for now and as we say in brabant: houdoe en bedankt!
    Sjiefke likes this.
  9. FrancoisV Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hi Eoin, that would be great! I'll send you a DM with my e-mailaddress :thumbsup:
  10. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    You are welcome anytime!

Well regarding the flashing neutral. If the bike starts and runs fine, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe the dashboard got wet or something. They tend to be sensitive to moisture.
  11. FrancoisV Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    He Caboose,

I just wanted to double check if the washer you suggested is for this plug:

Attached Files:

12. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle: