New Product! Disc guards.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Well we finally got around to making disc guards. These have been on the drawing board for a long time now and after enough badgering from our fine customers we finally got around to producing them. :)

The rear guards I am exceptionally excited about. We made a completely new rear brake hanger so we could get rid of as much unsprung weight as possible. Total added weight is less than 5 ounces! The disc guard mounts to the brake hanger and also the rear axle so it is ultra solid. A lot of our races here are very rocky. It is the rocky mountains after all :D. I used the same prototype disc guard all season and it is still going strong. Price is $104.95 www.7602racing.com

Copy of husky pics 051.JPG

Copy of husky pics 030.JPG

Copy of husky pics 026.JPG

The front guards took forever as we went through several different mounting designs before we settled on this one. We were able to get the added weight down to less than 10 ounces for the front guard and still keep great strength. Price is $84.95 www.7602racing.com

Copy of husky pics 036.JPG

Copy of husky pics 033.JPG

Copy of husky pics 028.JPG

Thanks for looking.
    Coffee and Phoenix like this.
  2. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Awesome.. The open fin suprisingly work better than the solid fin units.. sure it may bend on a hard hit but solid units love generate energy to break off tabs and mounting blocks off the swigarms of other brands and that is not good..

Looks like another well thought out 7602 racing product.. Congrates Clay.. Chow, Carl
  3. McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350S, 2016 TE300
    hmm, those look very nice and payday is right around the corner!
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Is the bottom edge square or rounded?
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    The bottom outside edge of both the front and rear guards has a heavy chamfer on it. This will help to deflect impacts away from the disc rather than towards the disc or have the impact fully absorbed by the guards. The inside of the bottom edges has just enough chamfer to take off the sharp edge from machining.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Oh good.:thumbsup:
    Anyone who has ran Enduroengineering's square shark fins knows about getting hung on rocks.
  7. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Aahhhh the joys of the sudden "THUD" will be gone,,, Happy days are here again..:banana:
  8. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Nice stuff, will have to look into that!
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

But not for the 630?
  10. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Coffee likes this.
  11. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Clay
    That link says; Front disc guards to fit the 2011 TE/SM...
    Do you mean you have them sized for the 320mm front disc of the 610/630(plus the 510/450) SMs? :thinking:
    Because that would be really cool, I've asked Kelly one time if he would try to make those disc guards for larger disced supermotos but he said that it wouldn't be cost effective for him...or in other words; no...
    So what gives...tell me you've got some good news, I just love the way they look :cheers:
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It says for the front of a 630 TE/SM. So I ordered. Hope it´s ok! T´wasn´t there when I last looked, so must have been updated.
  13. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

What I mean is; the TE front disc is 280mm(I think?) and the SM is 320mm...:thinking:
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Muddy, sorry i goofed when updating the website. They do not fit the sm models for the exact reason you said. We could make a small run of sm sized guards with enough interest.
  15. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well let me know ... or a refund?
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sorry guys, I goofed on the website. Was in a hurry and didn't double check it prior to updating.

To be clear, the disc guards DO NOT FIT SM models but do fit the TE models.
  17. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanx for the very quick refund!
  18. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Sorry for the mistake on the website.
  19. folden Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 - TE250 Meo
    Great products, and i hope they do their job well. My enduro-track is really hard, with rocks, roots, logs and mud, and I have broken a few discs. Seems like the rear disc-guard goes lower than the sprocket and chain, so it will hopefully protect them aswell.

When mounting the rear one, it felt like the brake hanger had a too loose fitting compared to the original Brembo one, but once the bolt and nut was in place it seemed securely fitted.

[IMG]
    Colo moto likes this.
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for your business! :thumbsup: I have hit some very solid rocks with these guards with no problems so I am confident they will fend off the rocks in Norway as well as they did in Colorado.
    folden likes this.