1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New look with the IMS Tank

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by PALMER84ONE, Sep 5, 2008.

1. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    I got a black tank yesturday. Didn't want the white one (sorry George) put it on and changed some colors. Sign shop material is cheep. I think some Husky gun sights would look good in white on top of the new red rad scoops. Anybody know were I could find some? I am going to try and make my own if not.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great Idea - that extra red helps give it some pop.
    I may have to borrow this idea when my black tank comes in.
  3. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good idea Gary - Looks great!!
  4. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    That does look like it's got some potential to look pretty cool! Just got my tank delivered today and am trying to figure out what to do on the black void. Do you run a sign shop or how does one go about acquiring some material? I may have to rip off your idea as well,LOL.
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

It looks really cool but I'm a little confussed (not an umcommon thing) about the sign shop material.:confused:
  6. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    1. Anyone can copy this idea if they like it. Rip away, no big deal.
    2. I like Fireroad freeks Corbin seat. That would finish the look besides the gun sight idea.
    3. Thanks for the I like, cool, etc. comments.
    4. No I don't have a sign shop. Any sign shop that makes signs (vinyl) will sell you a little material if approached right. I gave the guy 5.00 cash (no reciept) for two big pieces (white and red). I was not to impressed with the white so I used the red. I now have pieces to make my own gun sight if needed.
    If you look close I got a little bubble in the body line that is making me mad. I whiped them down real good with rubbing alcahol and still got the little bubble. I cut into it but it keeps coming back.
  7. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    There are different qualities of vinyl too, the cheap stuff doesnt contour too well or last as long. Ive had lots of vinyls cut for my business, if you can get a vector image, ie something that was created in a program like Adobe Illustrator, or Corel Draw, ANY sign shop can cut out decals any size or color. Maybe I will draw up a Vector Crosshair logo that everyone can use this weekend.
  8. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Would be much appreciated if possible. If I understand you correctly, graphics "can" be custom made through one of these shops and depending on the quality of vinyl used, be like OEM?
  9. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    You understand correct, I believe "automotive grade" is the good stuff, and I think they rate it by its expected lifespan. Vinyls are only good for simple graphics like 1 color, unless you layer various colors of vinyl as they can only cut 1 color at a time. For more tricky stuff, you can go to the guys that do vehicle wraps, then the possibilities are unlimited. They also have perforated material they can print on.

Check out www.topwraps.com they are doing two full wraps on a 5ton and a 10 ton truck i have.
  10. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

Are there any new IMS tanks in the Northbay area of CA?
    I have vinyl and a cutter..need layout info. I could use a nice profile of the side of the tank in jpeg but it's a crap shoot on guestimating size and scale.

Just a thought.
    [IMG]
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Dude, you sell logos like that? Can you do other stuff? I'd love to have a big logo for my truck window and maybe a few other things.
  12. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Just use a needle and poke a small hole at the end of the bubble. Squeeze out the air starting from the other end and work towards the needle hole.
  13. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    Like I said, Cut into it but it keeps coming back. Thanks, I just need to get better quality stuff like poopy said. The stuff he gave me was a no name product.