new leftovers?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by SightedN2, Aug 4, 2008.

1. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

since I have no dealer with in a half a days drive and I am sure others are in the same way......anyone have any info on your local dealer and his stock?

he might want to get rid of a crated 06......laying around.....you never know!

some of those dealers that treat the Husky like a red headed step child (sorry for my non PC remark)(but red is cool) might have one.....
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    If your state is anything like CA, forget it. I called every dealer in CA and NV looking for a "leftover" `06 or `07 TE610. Everyone just about laughed at me, as all the TE's sold like hotcakes here in CA and there was no such thing as a leftover.

There were no `07 SM610's on the floors either, but I was able to get a brand new leftover from the mysterious warehouse.

I'm a redhead and took no offense to your remark :)

Good luck to you.

WoodsChick
  3. SightedN2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

"but red is cool".......

the dealer here that quit carrying Huskies had 2 07 TE 610s....last I knew still had the demo.....Letko in KC KS.
  4. 75Hus400wr Husqvarna

GP Cycles in San Diego was out of their stock too?
  5. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Stopped by Malcolm Smiths shop today, just wanted to see what they had, no more '07 TE450 or 510.
    No more TE610's. No more 450/510 'tards.
    Heck all they had was some TE250's, a barely used CR125 (actually kind of a cool find, got me to thinking...) TXC250, and a now rare TXC510 (gawd i want one).

No '06 or '07 bikes at all. Unlike in years past when Malcolm would sell lots of leftovers cheap (killing the used Husky market....)

So yeah the Husky selection in Cali is not good right now. Very little left.

Curiously MS had some sorta cool Husky stuff from Metro and one blue Husky jersey.

There is huge demand for Husky stuff. Why doesnt anyone step up and make some hats and shirts and stickers and stuff? Weird. They will.
  6. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

Sticker..err decals...now there's an idea!!:rolleyes:
    [IMG]
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Michael Lueders made some cool stickers and I made Jerseys in both red and blue........we know what you are saying.
    Joe
  8. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Licensing issues! The Husqvarna Gun-site logo is owned by Husqvarna of Sweden, Cagiva Italy only had licensing rights to use the logo to promote Husqvarna motorcycles, which BMW bought.

BMW now owns the Licensing for motorcycle products and as everyone knows that is still a work in progress with new positions in the new organization being filled.

I think once that is done you're going to see a lot of Husqvarna branded products sold through Husqvarna Motorcycles NA.

Also look at Moose, MSR, Answer, Thor, Fox and all the other brands of riding gear and you would be hard pressed to find a Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM or Yamaha logo on any of their products? It's just colors! none of the after market gear companies want to pay Licensing fees nor do they want to promote another products brand other than theirs.

One other thing... BMW is real aggressive at protecting their logo and their brand, I'd expect them to proceed the same way with the Husqvarna Motorcycle brand and the investment they have made building that company... So no don't expect to see the Husqvarna Logo being sold on any sweat shirts at flee markets.

Just saying!

BlipBlip!
  9. 75Hus400wr Husqvarna

So BMW is currently hiring positions for Husky USA operations now? Where do you find out about those openings? Getting ready to retire in 09 and looking to change it up a bit.Thanks.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You should have one, it's the most bad ass husky there is.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Werd!
  12. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is that cool one off aluminum tank from australia still on ebay? :D