new 630 owner questions

Discussion in '610/630' started by Stujam, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hi all,

I thought I should join up and say hello as I have just picked up a 2011 te630, pretty much stock with 1000k's on the clock. I am not a total noob to the te6xx as I have had a 09te610 for 4 yrs or so.

The bike has come with barkbusters, husky bashplate and husky rear rack.
    I have some good on order and plans on some of the required fixes. Will sort dodgey airbox, plug steering head, and get suspension set up.

I have Barreett slips ons, Barrett racks, seat concepts seat and subframe brace, screen & 02 sensor eliminator in the post.

My question so far are.

1- I didn't get a tool kit, whats in it? what custom tools do I need from it.
    2- I miss the axle sliders from the te610 - is there any aftermarket ones and is there a tool in the kit that helps pull them ? I dont want to be trying to punch the axels out trailside.
    3. I have motard wheels made up from cbr wheels I used on my 610.. from what I can see all the spacers look the same but I have not tried to fit them up, any info here ? are the wheels sets the same?
    4. I think I read the side plastics are a bit tricky taking on and off and some people have broken the lugs,, is there any ways of strengthening them ?.

thanks all

here is a pic of my bikes

Cheers Stu

Attached Files:

2. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Hi Stu, hope your enjoying the bike!

The tool kit had general tools you have plus a spark plug spanner and a special tool for the front wheel axle and a long torx bit for the fuse block cover.
    No Idea on the motard wheels mate.
    There's a thread on here somewhere with known te630 issues.
    No problem here with the side plastics though I did put a dab of rubber grease on the lugs. The airbox nuts drive me nuts, I've got three spinning atm so give them some antiseize and dont tighten too much.
  3. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    For rear axle sliders, one of our CH sponsors(Ross Shafer) makes some that will fit and work well. I have them on my 630 and was glad I did as I tested them in October when I hit a patch of gravel in a corner and low-sided at about 40 mph. Ross' axle sliders along with the set of T-rex frame sliders took the full hit and slide. No damage to the bike other than a broken handguard. They work well.
  4. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Thanks guys,

Sorry I didn't get it right, I am not after axle slider but axle pullers.

I have sorted the airbox, and my motard wheels fit up just as did with my 610 so its all the same. Ta.

I have put together all the bits I think I need for a tool kit ( except the torque head for the fuse box - ta Philty )..

I have another question.

My spark plug rubber connection sits down tight on the plug but does not recess down into the plug hole, is this normal ? I thought it would sit down and plug the hole to stop dirt going down in there ?

ta Stu