Need Possible Ecu For My 2011 Sms 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by HGHGorilla, Jul 3, 2020.

1. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    So I may need a new ECU for my 2011 630 sms. Waiting for the doctor to call... anyone have any idea where I can find an sms or TE 630 ecu? I’ve checked EBay ☹️
  2. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
  3. Ungarisch Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM510R, 2007 SM610, 2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 Z1000
    where are you located? It might be wise to swap ECU's with someone prior to dishing out that much money. The husky ECU's are generic and not coded to anything else on the bike.

If your in Socal you welcome to use mine test mine to see if it fixes your issue
  4. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    I’m in British Columbia, Canada. My bike is on a dyno and they are narrowing it down. Unfortunately it’s really looking like the ecu is done at this point, not much more left to check. I really appreciate the offer though! Ktm parts pro is the only place I found it as well, but they don’t ship to Canada. Any idea if they are reliable?
  5. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    Still haven’t figured it out ☹️
  6. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold

Will it communicate with iBeat? If it will and all the sensors look good I doubt the ECU is the problem
  8. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    Honestly I don’t know what all my mechanic has done that this point because he’s been working on it off and on for over 2 weeks... starting to get very frustrated... they’re very busy so everytime I call it’s “tomorrow or the next day”, hasn’t been any progress in 8 days.... but what can you do, they’re great guys otherwise and the work they’ve done for me in the past is nothing short of spectacular.
    I think he said he was going to try a new wiring harness next, and 1 more thing... after that he’s left to the ecu. What it’s doing is: it gets to 5500 rpm and then drops to zero over and over again at constant throttle and acceleration. Apparently since it’s been at the shop the bike has been dying as well ... display goes dark like a battery dying on a calculator or calipers and then dies. Then it won’t turn on for several minutes
  9. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stupid question, but have you put a new battery in it? Need to bypass all the safeties, clutch switch, tilt, handlebar on/off, kickstand. This is a weird electrical gremlin. Sounds like a connection somewhere is opening on heat and vibration. Might even be a bad ground, does yours have the funky ground strap from the battery negative to the frame with the sheet metal screw?

Hook it up to the computer, any faults? See what it does at 5500 rpm. If the signal from one of the sensors goes wacky you'll see it. If the voltage takes a sudden drop you'll know where to start looking
    Check the fuel pressure.

I wouldn't buy any expensive parts until you do the above. I got to know mine extremely well after diagnosing my fuel pump issues.

Sounds like your mechanic may be a great mechanical guy but maybe a little lacking in the electrical dept.
  10. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Even more stupid question......Have you replaced the main fuse? My TE630 started doing all sorts of weird crap, replacing the main fuse fixed it. Doesn't make any sense, but it worked.
  11. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    See that’s the problem, I can’t recite everything they have checked but it’s been on s computer for all of it. I know they’ve checked the grounds for sure.
  12. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Any luck???
  13. HGHGorilla Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 630 sms
    So my bike is fixed!!! No Ecu needed after all (I hope that doesn’t change). Apparently someone had been deep into my bike screwing around with the wiring, unwrapped the harness almost completely and JB welded some of the connectors together, shoved some old battery posts to make loose connections and things were barely touching to have contact. A bunch of wires were exposed and some wires had already caught fire/melted. Replaced the battery as well. Ended up gaining 8 HP at mid on the dyno!
    Here’s a pic of one of the siliconed make-a-connectors: 48646FE5-B2D6-4A20-BD26-5138385A1AA9.jpeg
    DYNOBOB and Sjiefke like this.
  14. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    wow....is all i can say about that rig