1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Need help with carb

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by eveready, Sep 11, 2016.

1. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    FIRE IF ITS SPOOGE THATS GOT IT STUCK BUT IT CAN GET A RUFF ON PAINT
  2. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    a clean muffler is important.

you can stick an oxy flame up the muffler inlet and cook the crap out of it which will burn out all the carbon, oil and grease etc that has built up.. you can build a good bonfire and chuck in that and get it red hot. you can also soak in a drum of solvent but that takes a long time and can be real messy and only removes the spoogy crap not the carbon build up

if you oxy it you need to be careful you don't melt the inlet end if it gets too hot. this process can set up a "jet engine" effect with a nice afterburn coming out the end which is good. ash and crap will go everywhere especially over the freshly hung out washing... the smell will carry for three blocks and some one may panic and call the fire brigade.

if you cook it, once its red hot you need to tap and bang it with a bit of wood to knock the carbon out but not dint the crap out of it.

have fun
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    be careful you arent leaning it out while there is some other issue..dont burn it up.
  4. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1976 honda elsinore, 84 IT490 Yamaha
    Talked to John at Vintage Husky, he said since the only problem is top end and leaning it out that much does not change results that it is probly the motoplate breaking down. He said to check the connectors at the coil to make sure there tight as they will cause that too, but they were tight. I cleaned them reinstalled. will give it a try but I'm not confident that was the problem. Will have to get another ign.
  5. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    Run a ground wire from the motoplat mount up to the coil mounting bolt.. Sometimes they don't ground good.
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i have 4 of them just sayin :thumbsup:
  7. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    DPete did you figure out your problem with the 360WR? I replaced the ign. with a MZB. But still have topout problem. It is a lot better but not 100%. I went back to my original jetting setup but same going to try cleaning the exhaust out with bondfire and seeif that works.
  8. squid on a 300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    72 WR 250 79 CR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS 300 Trials 2 KTMs 2 Hodakas
    You might as well roast the pipe along with the silencer.
  9. eveready Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 360 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Didn't have to roast exhaust. Went done 1 MJ size and warmed it up good and it came alive. Brings the front end up in first three gears at will, I'm 60 yrs. young and 50 lbs. over weight so that is good for me. For anyone else on here with a 360WR here is what I'm running.

I have a 1976 360WR with a 38mm (measures 37.68mm) Mikuni VM carb. Here is what's in it
    Main Jet 360
    Pilot 45
    Needle Jet Q8
    Jet Needle 6DH3
    Slide 2.0
    Air 2.0

A new MZB ign. timed at 3.02mm BFTDC. Starts great and runs great. Thanks to everyone for the help getting me there.
    stormer254, markt2 and justintendo like this.