1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Need a thread about air cooled 4st stuff

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by silverstreakNZ, Jul 1, 2018.

1. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    The motor in my bike was "tired" but quite functional, blew a cloud of smoke on start up but cleaned out as it warmed up. was a bit rattly but not bad. the issue in stripping it was it would need headwork (they all do) seats valves springs, guides cam chain etc all cost a bomb and it isnt worth doing unless you can do it right. While a rebore and new piston rings etc arnt overly costly, at worst was a worn big end and then suddenly you have a 3+ k rebuild. Dont get me wrong, i was happy to do that as the bike was well worth it but i lost interest in it as a whole as it beat me up everytime i rode it and so sold it. the new owner has just recoed the motor so i would be interested to see how close to the mark i was with my guesstimate...
  2. moto_surfer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430XC/ Silver Streak/TE300
    Thanks for your perspective after owning yours. I really can’t afford to go the distance with it so I’ve decided to stick it up for sale. If I don’t see a solid number I’ll go to plan B and stash it away to rebuild after the kids are grown and gone.
  3. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    good plan....i am having a bit of sellers remorse as a mate had one from new and he gave it a quick reco after 2 seasons of racing. Mr McHanic was a wizard and he dialled in the cams and it was nothing short of sensational to ride...the motor had all that 4 stroke plonk of the bottom but now it hit 6 grand and just screamed like a 125 (with 60 HP) christ it went hard....i wanted to get him to sort mine out and a bit dissap'd i missed the opp:(
    moto_surfer likes this.