My non-Husky motorcycle, ok it's not even a dirtbike

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Dauer, May 25, 2015.

1. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    ^^^ You would need a 10 speed transmission and a cortisone shot in the ankle.

Any new 4 stroke is worlds ahead. There is no conspiracy - they are just better.
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Four cylinders. They sound great. It's owing something no one else has.
    letitsnow likes this.
  3. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    first off, it pulls starts easily, especially warm. a lil rabbit punch is all thats needed hot. no harder than starting a four stroke without a magic button.
    im not saying a 2 stroke is better, i love my zrx. like bill said its about owning something different and some of us just love 2 strokes and the different engine characteristics. a drawback would be little engine braking..

why a 10 speed? you dont think a massive 500-800cc 2 stroke can be tuned for all around power? sure directly swapping my sled engine is going to be peakier due to being designed to have a cvt tranny but i dont think 165 horsepower would translate as being "needy" for shifts. im sure if the factory actually made a bigger 2 stroke bike it could be made very broad if desired. my ancient tech 430 husky can cover quite a bit of ground briskly using only 2 gears, much like a big thumper.
    Dauer likes this.
  4. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '89 Yamaha TDR250, '01 ATK 605
    I don't recall anyone in this thread claiming 2 strokes are better, simply different and preferred by some for the aforementioned characteristics. The fact that you project what is a statement of opinion to be fact leads me to believe there may just be a conspiracy and you are at the forefront of it ;). Consider part of the reason someone may perceive 4 strokes to be "better" is because they've benefited from far more R&D in motorcycles compared to 2 strokes. Unfortunately this can be a very polarizing subject. It's simply a matter of opinion, and you know what they say about those. I say: Different strokes for different folks...pun intended.
    duggoey and justintendo like this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Funny thing is 2 stroke snow machines are dominating 4 stroke machines and the 2 stroke have cleaner emissions.... also the current MX rules imply that two strokes are twice as good as 4 strokes.
  6. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Haha - I love all 2 wheelers. I'm just no longer in denial. Try them all (with an open mind and be willing to use them to their strong points) and see for yourself. And I'm talking street bikes.

Back in my roadracing days, I spent quite a bit of time trying to dodge TZ250's as they seized and/or crashed because the conditions changed and they weren't running right...

It will be tough to ever top a 2 stroke when using snowmobile style clutches. I'm surprised that my Rzr has a 4 stroke.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Add the UFO in the 2t sleds in the round slide carbs.
    Heck add the UFO to the RZ500v4 carbs.

All my mikuni 38mm round slide carbs will get UFO installed in them.
  8. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    26750_1239848643426_341815_n.jpg

Here is my version of a WR250 street bike. That was kind of interesting to ride.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I had a street legal, registered '98 250wr husqvarna. It was a hoot on the street. The little kids and the babes loved the graphics.
  10. Dauer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1992 WXC 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    '89 Yamaha TDR250, '01 ATK 605
    I'm in the process of trying to get my WXC 360 plated. Fingers crossed I'll be registered for the street next week. The neighbors will love me.
    oldbikedude likes this.
  11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    My '98 was more of a street version. It had the Speedo, lights, brake lites front and rear and mirrors.