My new 4 stroke Lectron test mule - YZF450

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
  2. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Thanks for the run down on rod numbers. I'm pleased with the performance of my current setup but it seems like you and Kevin are continually making improvements so I want to know about the latest and greatest changes.
    Motosportz likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He does not need it he is a top rider.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rode this bike again yesterday. Starts great, runs freaking hard. Buddy who had rode it before the carb swap rode it for the first time yesterday with the Lectron and was stunned how good it ran. Remarked about how smooth and powerful it is. It is running excellent, has huge power, smoother, more mid and top and getting 5-8 MPG better. Major success.
    wrtimmy, bax3, Ruffus and 4 others like this.
  5. shotgunscott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    yamaha,suzuki,kawasaki,scorpa,AJP
    Well I finally got to ride the Test Mule a couple of days ago and WOW. The bike starts now, 1st or 2nd kick. Makes tons of smooth usable power. No more abrupt, explosive hit with a bunch of wheel spin. No flame outs. Used to be a big problem with this bike. If it would flame out you could count on 20 kicks to get it lit.
    Rode all day on 1 tank of fuel. Looks like its getting about 35-35 mpg.
    Prior to getting the Lectron Carb up grade this bike was slowly getting parted out and was destine to be sold to the highest bidder or traded for some dirt and magic beans.

As of Today the Bike Is Not For Sale or Trade. Kelly and Lectron have spared it's life and turned a turd into a diamond.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ha ha thanks for chiming in Scott. Glad you liked it and nice on high marking that hill climb. That's the furthest I have seen anyone get up it.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know this is an old thread but I just got the Generartion 2 4 stroke carb from Lectron for my XR650R which is plated and it is fantastic. Those guys knocked it out of the park. New idle circuit that works amazing, dead steady idle. New metering rod design specifically for the new idle circuit and 4 strokes. super easy external adjustment. My XR starts great, and runs hard with this carb. WAY more simple than a FCR, super easy external adjustments for low and high, and fit was perfect for super easy install. Good stuff. Very happy.
    PDL, Kam1, robertaccio and 4 others like this.