1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

My Moms 450 Wr

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by BrewCityMKE, Oct 21, 2021.

1. BrewCityMKE Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1972 450 WR
    Hello everyone,
    I recently acquired my moms 1972 (I believe) 450wr. She rode it when she was in her 20’s. She passed away earlier this year. I’m hoping to restore it, and keep it in the family for a long time. It sat under a barn overhang for probably 20 years, so it’s in rough shape. I don’t know a whole lot about these bikes, but I’m very mechanical inclined, and have a small engine repair business. So mostly I will need advice specific to the vintage husky’s. Is there a good source to get my hands on a shop manual? From what I’ve gathered it seems like there’s this quite a few parts available on eBay. Thanks in advance, Jake

Attached Files:

Krudd, steadydirt and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  2. Vinskord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR
    Good to see your Mom's Husky in good hands.

Link to manual and much more:

http://www.3medesign.com/technical-data.html

A number of 450 owners here that are a wealth of info. The Cafe Husky search function (upper right hand of page) will also provide experience others have posted.

Looking forward to your future progress.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  3. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
    Sorry to hear about your Mom. But happy to see you getting the bike back to running. Your Mom Must have been quite a Lady to start a 72 450!!! I still find the 450 to be a rather de-constructor to the knee and ankle!! Hope you got a pic with her and the bike, that would be Awesome! Chris
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  4. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Beautiful man!!!
  5. SteveJ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1970 400 Cross, 1983 500 CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    84 Honda CR500R, 81 Honda CBX,
    Welcome to CafeHusky. That is a great project and you'll find good help here. Your skill set will get you through the project, pretty simple and straight forward machines. There is a number stamped on the frame near the steering head, a 1972 will start with MJ####. Sorry about the loss of your mom, the connection to her makes the bike invaluable to you. My 1970 400 was bought new by my dad... the one bike that I will never sell.
    Good luck,
    Steve